Would it be wrong of me to....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblvsn

Reaction score
I brewed up a Blonde Ale 2 weeks ago so I could have something lighter for my BMC friends to try. It's been in the primary for 1 week and 1 week in the secondary. It tastes good at this point, just cloudy. I got invited to a party from a buddy of mine who happened to hear what I was brewing and asked if I could bring it to the party. I haven't said yes or no at this point. So this is where this post comes into play. Would it be wrong of me to force carb the keg and take green beer to the party to fulfill his request? I'd personally feel kinda weird about it, but I don't think they'd be able to notice or even really care? :confused:

dblvsn said:
I brewed up a Blonde Ale 2 weeks ago so I could have something lighter for my BMC friends to try. It's been in the primary for 1 week and 1 week in the secondary. It tastes good at this point, just cloudy. I got invited to a party from a buddy of mine who happened to hear what I was brewing and asked if I could bring it to the party. I haven't said yes or no at this point. So this is where this post comes into play. Would it be wrong of me to force carb the keg and take green beer to the party to fulfill his request? I'd personally feel kinda weird about it, but I don't think they'd be able to notice or even really care? :confused:

Regardless, tell them it's not ready yet. If you're ever gonna convert the heathen masses over to craft brew, you'll want to be using your best ammo---and green beer ain't that. Maybe they'll be able to tell, maybe not...but I wouldn't bother if I were you. Tell them it's not ready, and bring something from the store.

That's what I was thinking too. I just wouldn't feel right about it. I just needed a reality check.

So bring something else from your stache. Maybe out of all the guests, soembody will have some taste? just to build up an appetite amoungst the others?

Latest posts

Back