Great Divide Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
Hey gang, just wondering what anyone's thoughts were on these beers; my beer store just started carrying them.

I got a few bottles of their ESB yesterday and found it rather boring, not bad, but nothing special. Maybe I have been spoiled by the complex flavors found in homebrew, but these seemed watered down with very little hop flavor, even for an ESB.

Anyway, anyone else have any opinions on them?

I have had a few of their brews...yeti, oak aged yeti, st. bridgets and the denver. They regular yeti was my favorite of the bunch and the rest were "eh" to decent.

I've had a fair number of their beers. The Oaked Aged Yeti Imperial Stout was just too much. Tasted like a stout and an IPA and a shot of vanilla bourbon mixed together. The Hercules Double IPA didn't do much for me either. The Titan IPA was okay, but the last two bottles of it had a bunch of debris that was kind of unsettling. Finally, I had the Wild Berry and it was decent for a fruit beer. I'm not planning on buying anymore of their products.

I like the Titan IPA, but I wouldn't call it a favorite--there's something about the flavor balance that is not quite right to my taste. (Don't get me wrong--it is a very good IPA and I'm being super picky here.)

I do really like the St Brisget Porter. A very over-the-top porter with a huge roast black coffee taste.

Letting them age really makes a difference, especially on the yeti, or oaked yeti. They are very hoppy at first, but mellow very nice..

One of my top 5 brews when I can afford it.. Hence why I am trying to brew it myself.

Back