Milestone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I crossed another milestone in my life yesterday. My only son graduated high school. It feels like this milestone was as big as getting married. Much bigger than my 40th a few years ago.

I am so proud of my son I can't even express it in words! I know he will go on to do great things with his life.

The reason that I am writing this is that I am feeling really sad. Honestly this is an unexpected emotion. Graduation really drives home the fact that he will be moving on to another stage in his life. As a parent you want to prepare kids for adulthood and graduating high school is part of that process. I am however feeling sad because of the thought of this part of our life ending and the uncertainty of what the future holds.

I am sure I will get the sand out of my ****** soon.:D

Thanks for listening!
Chris

I can't even imaging that day happening to me. My guys are 7 and 9, so I have a while yet, but it is going to be tough when that day does arrive.

Cheers :mug:

I went through my daughter's graduation last Sunday, and she went home to Ohio with my family on Monday morning to stay with them for a while. She does call every day, but it's not the same. Then, she starts college in August.

Trust me when I say that I know exactly how you feel! The house is eerily quiet (my 16 year old son is still here, but he's very quiet unless his friends are here) and empty.

The thing I'm trying to remember is that if we've raised them to be self sufficient adults who are productive members of society, we've done our job. It's not easy for me at all- I wish she was 3 years old again. I really miss her.

Don't worry, you'll still see him plenty. He'll always come to you for money! :D

My kids are 8,6,4 and 1 right now and it's great. I'm just going to enjoy it while I can because before I know it they'll all be graduated and on their own as well.

Back