Amarillo Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drayman86

Reaction score
All grain, 10 gallons

16 lbs. 2 row
2 lbs. Crystal 20L
2 lbs. Munich 20L

Mash grains at 156F for 60 minutes. Sparge to obtain desired wort volume, depending on system losses and boil off. 60 minute boil with the following hop additions:

2 oz Amarillo at 60 minutes
2 oz Amarillo at 20 minutes
1 oz Amarillo dry hop

White Labs California Ale Yeast.

Ferment in primary until primary complete. Rack to secondary and dry hop.

OG = 1.060 (85% efficiency)
FG = 1.018

IBU's approx. 58

Our new house pale. Kinda' pushing an IPA, but our IPA's will take the back of your head off, so this brew is mild in comparison.

Don't know if you were just posting this to share, or looking for critique.... but I just wanted to mention that if you post this in the Recipe Database, and not just the "Recipes/Ingredients" forum, then your recipe will appear in the little drop-down menu underneath your name. Click "Recipes" under my name for an example. :)

chriso said:
Don't know if you were just posting this to share, or looking for critique.... but I just wanted to mention that if you post this in the Recipe Database, and not just the "Recipes/Ingredients" forum, then your recipe will appear in the little drop-down menu underneath your name. Click "Recipes" under my name for an example. :)

Yes but PLEASE do not do that until you know the BREW IS GOOD.... Other people see that and try to make it thinking it's good just to findout a month later that the beer turned out like crap and they guy would never make it again...

I have 10 gal of a spiced Wit sitting around because of just that. :mad:

FSR402 said:
Yes but PLEASE do not do that until you know the BREW IS GOOD.... Other people see that and try to make it thinking it's good just to findout a month later that the beer turned out like crap and they guy would never make it again...

I have 10 gal of a spiced Wit sitting around because of just that. :mad:
"Good" is a subjective term :)

bigben said:
"Good" is a subjective term :)
well then don't post something and then a month later (when you drink it for the first time) say that it's crap. Let the beer finish then taste and if it's something you think is good then post. Not to hard to figure out.

Sorry, still a little pissed about the 10 gallons of hotdog beer I have sitting in the fermenting room.

Back