Rice Cooker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
Any body have a rice cooker that they recommend or don't recommend? Mine is on its last leg and I am tired of messing with it all the time.

I've been using one of the fancy Zojirushi ones with microprocessor controlled induction heating for a while now. Does a great job on everything from white rice to brown and sweet rice. Kind of expensive though.

My very old cooker purchased in Japan many years ago recently died. I picked up a ~$30 T-fal cooker like this one. Model T-fal RK102853 Nonstick 8-Cup Rice Cooker. It does the trick just fine, probably better than my old one. It does however sputter and spit a little bit. The non stick was great though, cleanup is a breeze.

93eccce3-32ca-41c5-9d06-ed92c5312e46.png

ChuckO said:
I've been using one of the fancy Zojirushi ones with microprocessor controlled induction heating for a while now. Does a great job on everything from white rice to brown and sweet rice. Kind of expensive though.

Yes, every appliance Zojirushi makes is awesome. My folks have their rice cooker that I can vouch for, and I have a bread machine that is too notch. Go Elephant.

Latest posts

Back