Plus or minus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wort*hog

Reaction score
OK I need some help on this one. I have this freezer that I made into a kegerator for my beer. There is a thermostatic control that has a sensor that goes in the freezer. It plugs in the wall and the freezer plugs into that. Essentually when the freezer gets down to the temperature you set it at it shuts off the freezer. Say 38 degrees. If the temp goes up 2 degrees the freezer comes back on till it goes down to the temp you set the control at in this case 38 degrees. The instructions say to set the freezer at its coldest setting. Now here's the problem. That control doesn't say cold and colder or coldest and warmest. It shows plus or minus. But it doesnt say if plus is colder or minus is colder. Is plus coldest or warmest You help me figgure that one out!

I'd have to think that the minus- would be less temp.(colder)the plus+ would have to be warmer,if all else fails-plug the bugger in and give it a whirl-shouldn't take too long to figure it out.... Shane

If it is a freezer and not a refrigerator, then it doesn't make any difference. The freezer thermostat should be set so much lower than your thermostat, that the compressor should run whenever power is supplied.

-a.

Back