Hello from the Coal Region! Mount Carmel, PA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtlasBrew

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

From NE Central PA, or what we call the Coal Region. I was born and raised here, lived outside Philly for 10 years and then came back to start a family. I love beer! I love brewing beer!

Currently I'm sitting here drinking a Troegs Troegenator and getting familiar with the site. I'm entering my third year of brewing, been doing all-grain since Last year. I've turned out about 30 batches so far with no signs of slowing down. I've got a Dunkelweizen, Honey Porter, Saison, IPA, Pumpkin Ale, and Roggenbier bottled. I have an ESB, and a 6 Grain Ale in secondaries. Planning on shifting into Lager mode here in about a week or so.

That's it for now, see ya around! :mug:

Welcome. My family is from Elysburg. I worked at Knoebel's during high school. My grandmother pronounces it "Marnt Carmel".:cross:

Welcome to HBT - I'm looking forward to seeing someone build a coal-fired brewing system on here.

I used to have to drive up through Centralia on a job - I seem to remember that Mount Carmel was the next town up Route 61. Close to Frackville & Shamokin, but I don't remember Atlas. Maybe I never made it up far enough.

Yep, that's how ya do it! "Marnt Carmel". Thanks everybody, a Coal Fired brew system sounds like a plan. And if you're wondering; Atlas is a village that is actually attached to Mt. Carmel...same thing really. I'll be looking forward to gaining lots of knowledge from everyone...and giving my input where I can.

Thanks again!

Back