What commercial beers are you having for thanksgiving?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might crack a 1554 and a TannenBomb. The Bomb is leftover from last year and getting really smooth.

I got the Chimay 3-pack with chalice glass, as well as a bottle of Duvel. I don't anticipate drinking all four today, but a man likes to have options...

A single co-worker of mine has to work today, so I invited him over for beer and desserts when he gets off. We have a Port Brewing HOP-15, Stone Kona/Macadamia/Coconut Porter, and a Bad Elf Winter Ale. He's bringing a few Belgians and I'm sure we'll crack one of my homebrews too.

Appetizers gets Goose Island Matilda

Dinner is paired with Lost Abbey The Red Barn and Judgement Day

Dessert is paired with Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze 2006

Oh today is Chimay Blue, BeerDog- Bashah(black belgian), Wells- Bannanna Nut Bread

My family always stocks events with Heineken and SA's Boston Lager (sometimes the winter lager for Christmas) but it's not really based on beer knowledge. I stopped off at BevMo yesterday and picked up some 21A Brew Free or Die IPA and Hell or High Watermelon Wheat. I tried the Wheat yesterday and wasn't fond of it, so I may stick those in the communal ice chest and the IPA's in the fridge.

I let some close friends sample homebrew yesterday at our t-day get together. He really liked the cherry stout and he and his mom both really liked the IPA, even though it still wasn't carbed after 5 to 6 weeks.

Had a SA Holiday Porter for the main course and SA Coastal Wheat for dessert. I'm at work now. When I get off I'm going to polish off the rest of the holiday pack.:cross:

It was my homebrew and my Nephew's wine for the holiday, but since I got home it has been a big bottle of Young's Double chocolate stout, and a bomber of Lagunitas "Reuban and the Jets ale."

And I am comfortably numb now.

I used a Wesco gift card to purchase some beer for the holiday. I ended up getting Bell's Amber Ale, as I thought it would be palatable for most people. Then I got a blue moon. Not bad beers. Turns out the FIL and I were the only ones drinking it though.

Had a SA Winter Lager at Olive Garden, with FIL and BIL. They both liked it.

I brought bombers of Ballast Point Sculpin, Stone Sawyers Triple and Cali Belgique. only my brother and are in to craft beers so we split those. he brought his "pliny the impostor" that was pretty darn good and real close to the real deal. everyone else got the kirkland variety pack (which aren't that bad at all and have a good price tag to match)

My other brother isn't much of a craft beer fan but I got him to try a double IPA. he took a big gulp, made the funniest "bitter beer face" and said, "WOW! that really hits you!"

Back