Here goes nothing! - (first cider attempt)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 25, but 30 should be good. No need to shake, just leave it in the fridge. If you can keep the CO2 on it, that would be better, or else top the keg off once a day with CO2, because it will absorb into the cider

3 days is all I should need at 30 psi then I just fill to 10 or so for filling correct? Also if I take the keg to someones house can I just preload it with 20 psi for dispensing? Or do I need the co2 tank with me?

3 days is all I should need at 30 psi then I just fill to 10 or so for filling correct? Also if I take the keg to someones house can I just preload it with 20 psi for dispensing? Or do I need the co2 tank with me?

Yes, you may be able to push out around 1/5 of the tank until the pressure is to low to push it out well.
I use a 20lb Co2 tank on my keggerator, and have two 5 lb tanks for parties, and I also use them to seal newly filled kegs.
Once sealed I put them in the keggerator and put them under normal serving temperature usually for a week before I tap them. All depends on how fast I'm going through my supplies.

Back