• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1 Gallon Kegs For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jww9618

Reaction score
I have 3 1 gallon kegs for sale. They were previously Taylor syrup kegs. The label says maximum pressure is 45 psi. The beer out looks like a ball lock connection and I'm not sure about the gas in. These would be perfect for taking to parties, club meetings, etc. They look like they hold more like 1.5 gallons.

All kegs will be cleaned inside and out before I send them out

Asking $75 each.

Let me know if you have any questions.

It looks like it will come off. The post I linked to above made it seem like you could add a reducer and corny disconnect. I'll try to unscrew the post and let you know.

Those are pretty cool. Would be great for doing test batches of soda. Just can't drop $75 right now... it looks like the gas fitting unscrews though. You may be able to pickup a threaded ball lock that would work there.

Who made the tanks?... If you have a manufacturer I may be able to lookup the threads and source an adapter for you.

EFaden that would be great if you could help me find a fitting. Taylor is the manufacturer.

EFaden that would be great if you could help me find a fitting. Taylor is the manufacturer.

From what I can find they are similar to the Taylor T304F product tanks. I "think" (but am still looking) that the gas connector is an ACME 1/4"... I also believe that the threads under it are 1/4" NPT (National Pipe Threads). So what you would need would be a 1/4" MPT (Male NPT) to Pin/Ball Lock (whichever you want). My guess is that the parts would be around $10 or so.

EDIT: Just looked up the parts. Would be $11.51. $4.90 for a 1/4" MPT to 19/32-18M (e.g. Corny Threads) and then $6.61 for the 19/32-18M Gas Ball Lock.

I still have 1 of these left. If you have anything good to trade I would consider that also.

Hey EFaden, where did you find the parts you listed above? If Mcmaster-Carr, what were the part numbers?

Got mine. Disassembled all of the connectors etc. I figured out the gas inlet isn't 1/4" MPT it is actually 1/8" MPT. The cans were made by Taylor for McDonald's to hold syrup for their ice cream makers. After some digging I figured out what the connector that is on there actually is, and was able to adapt it to a ball lock gas disconnect, by going from 1/8" MPT to 1/4" MFL then from 1/4" MFL to Ball Lock. If anyone else that bought one needs parts PM me and we can work something out (parts + shipping)... The original connectors were made by Hansen. Let me know if there are other questions.

EDIT: Oh... and the liquid side is actually the older Firestone threads...

Just got mine today, this thing is awesome. I already had the parts on hand to convert to ball lock gas fitting. (had been saving them for a 13 gallon cornelius keg project I have yet to get to, but this is much cooler) I just finished my conversion a few minutes ago.

14j98is.jpg

Back