Broken Grolsch Top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asidrane

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was given 9 Grolsch bottles by a local bartender. 8 are in great shape and one has a broken top. The bottom is still intact and when there is a gasket on it, I seem to get a decent seal. Do you think I can still use this to bottle, or should I just skip it? Thanks.

brokenGrolsch.jpg

You can get a replacement swing top assembly at most home brew shops and online home brew suppliers for a buck or two. They usually have spare gaskets as well.

The next time you want to put together an order to brew you can order one from any of the online sites, I tried to find one in Brooklyn but had on luck. I found one at Niagara Traditional Homebrew Supply. You also might want to order a package of gaskets to be on the safe side.

Replacement-Flip-top-th.jpg

These are sweet bottles. I was able to get 120 of these brown Grolsch for $50 from a friend of my dad's. He didn't know what he had. They are old, but very nice.

The next time you want to put together an order to brew you can order one from any of the online sites, I tried to find one in Brooklyn but had on luck. I found one at Niagara Traditional Homebrew Supply. You also might want to order a package of gaskets to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the link. I've already got the gaskets, so I'll probably just skip that one bottle this batch.

Back