Greater Raleigh Area Brewery Tour & Analysis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

Reaction score
The first monthly/bi-monthly/whenever-we-can meeting of the Greater Raleigh Area Brewery Tour & Analysis (GRABT&A) :D is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 18. Time & place TBD. We're thinking either Carolina Brewing Co. in Holly Springs or Edenton Street Brewery in downtown Raleigh. Anyone who's interested in joining us is welcome.
Jeff

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Greater Raleigh Area Brewery Tour & Analysis (GRABT&A) :D

That is absolutely bitchin, my friend. Laughed out loud and woke up the dog.

I'm going to have to make myself a new t-shirt:

GRAB T&A
Checking it all out!

-walker

I was considering Greater Raleigh Area Brewers And Suds Sippers but I didn't want the mods to throw me in time-out.
Jeff

Hmmm... I think I might actually like GRABASS better. I could at least get away with wearing the T-shirt to work without as much fear of a sexual harassment complaint.

-walker

PS: our moderators are pretty relaxed (due to all the beer?). as long as you aren't insulting/threatening/endangering anyone, they'll pretty much let any kind of language slide.

That's talent! I'd wear a T&A t-shirt!

I'm pretty sure I'll be back in town on the 18th, so pencil me in for Carolina Brewery. I spoke with the head brewer of Edenton St last night at their taproom (Horniblow's Tavern) and they are doing tours every second Saturday of the month. So one is the 11th which I'll be out of town, but the next one would be March 11th which looks good at the moment.

I was wrong about when my wife was cashing in her "6 Hours at the Spa" gift. It is NOT next weekend like I told you... she's actually doing that on the 18th of Feb. :(

I won't be available at all that day.

-walker

I don't know what I will be doing for the coming weekends. Keep me posted.

The Carolina Brewing Company will be releasing their Spring Bock soon. I'm not sure if we want to do the tour then or not. Since it will be more busy than usual it wouldn't be a good time to ask lots of questions.

Kai

Guys,
I was in Farmville, NC today on business so I dropped by The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery Inc. to take a look-see. Not much to look at from the outside but it sure smelled GOOD on the inside as they were in the process of brewing an Amber Ale. I met with Paul Philippon who is the brewmaster/receptionist/janitor/salesman/ mash-tun-cleaner-outer for Duck-Rabbit. D-R does tours by appointment only and Paul would love to have our little group come out for a tour and sampling session. I mentioned that sometime in March would be good for us, he countered with 2nd half of March would be good for him. So check your calendars. I am taking the family to FLA sometime in late March but I will check with my social director to see exactly when.
Jeff

That might work for me...might try to grab some bbq, too! I drank a couple amber ales last night and was reminded how much I love D-R beers. It looks like I may be out-of-town longer than I anticipated which would screw up my plans to hit CB. I really do hate missing an opportunity to GRAB T&A.

I'll have to see how things fall. We'll beb closing on our house around the end of March.

But, if all goes well (and SWMBO permits), I'm in!

-walker

Back