Homebrew Store in Nashville TN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoppy

Reaction score
The wife and I are giving some thought to opening a HB store in the Murfreesboro TN area. I know Rebel is north of Nashville but there does not seem to be a store serving the southern area. We wanted to start laying out a business plan so any thoughts would be appreciated.

I know there are a couple more stores in Nashville. One is in west Nashville (can't remember the name) and another is All Seasons on 8th ave.

I think it would do great in Murfreesboro except for one thing.. Rebel Brewer is pretty awesome. Their prices are cheaper than most and their grain selection is unmatched. I am from Murfreesboro so the convenience would be nice, but unless the prices and selection were pretty close, I would drive to Rebel. You would undoubtedly get plenty of traffic to do well in Murfreesboro, but the serious brewers will probably stick with Rebel. Hope that helps. Let us know if you open it. I'll definitely come and check it out!!

Little Ol' Winemakers Shop is in West Nashville.

Little Ol' Winemaker Shop may as well not exist for homebrewers. I stopped by for the first time today (it's the closest HBS to my house) and I won't be going back. First thing I noticed when I walked in was a horrible smoke odor, worse than most bars. Then I asked where they had their yeast and it was in a cooler. That's about the only good thing I have to say about them.

They don't stock Safale yeast and had an extremely limited selection of grain. I asked the guy at the counter why they didn't have US-04 or US-05 and he told me that no one buys it when he has it. Made me wonder how long the other stuff sits there for. I feel bad for anyone that goes their for their first brewing experience...

There is a beer store in Mount Juliet where I live that has some Home Brew supplies. Nothing compared to All Seasons or Rebel but a fair selection of grain and equipment. Nothing in bulk. Really set up for extract brewers. It is the Mount Juliet Beer Company on Highway 70. Mount Juliet is Northeast of Nashville in Wilson County

IffyG said:
Little Ol' Winemaker Shop may as well not exist for homebrewers. I stopped by for the first time today (it's the closest HBS to my house) and I won't be going back. First thing I noticed when I walked in was a horrible smoke odor, worse than most bars. Then I asked where they had their yeast and it was in a cooler. That's about the only good thing I have to say about them.

They don't stock Safale yeast and had an extremely limited selection of grain. I asked the guy at the counter why they didn't have US-04 or US-05 and he told me that no one buys it when he has it. Made me wonder how long the other stuff sits there for. I feel bad for anyone that goes their for their first brewing experience...

Agreed!

Back