Vino Italiano Gewurztraminer wine kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wranglerx16

Reaction score
I have a vino italiano gewurztraminer wine kit and havent started it yet, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to add to it or any changes?
thanks

Have you made it yet? I made the Zinfandel Blush kit. It was too thin. I'm making it again, but I'm going to make it to about 5 gallons this time.

I have heard this is the norm for most of the vino italiano kits. I have three batches fermenting right now (Chianti, Cabernet Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon), and went with 5.5 gallons. Didnt want it to be too watered down, but was making it for a friend's wedding favors so I wanted the most "bang for your buck". Noone drinks those little bottles anyway (except for the drunks at the end of the night, but they dont need the extra alcohol).

I'm toying with the idea of holding back some concentrate to use as a F pack.
There's only 5L, is that a bad idea.

Ya I made 6 gal of white merlot... To light.. A 5.5 ended w 5 gal Barolo .. Not bad and have 5 gal started w 5.5 of te Gewurtztraminer and Cabernet Sauvignon aging

I've got a batch of the Vino Italiano Rosso Magnifico (their "Super Tuscan") that I made not to volume, but to SG of 1.090 - it came out at 5.3gal in primary. I also used Lalvin Bourgovin RC212 yeast, not the EC1118 that came with the kit, as the RC212 is rumored to have a good effect on red wines, according to what I've read. So we'll see how it turns out. For $37, if I get 25 or 26 bottles of wine equal to or better than Two Buck Chuck, I'll be happy!

khiddy, how did the Rosso turn out? I'm brewing one of those up now, at about the same OG (1.088). I've thought about adding some raisins or even some oak chips to add some depth to the flavor/aroma, do you think this would be worthwhile?

Back