What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was the trip to the Hills?! Love the crow peak brews!!

it was floccin' awesome! Reptile Gardens, Sitting Bull Cave, hiked around Sheridan Lake, old timey pics in Deadwood, took our oldest fishing (he caught 8 rock bass in 1.5 hours!), got drunk a few times. didn't make it to the Crow Peak Brewery, but we did go to Naked Winery in Hill City & had a wine tasting. my wife loved the Cougar so we picked up a bottle for our anniversary tomorrow. having an 11th Hour IPA at the moment.

edit: y'all need to catch up. kinda slow for a Friday night...

0712132224.jpg

I drank 2 of BierMuncher's belgian blonde, 2 of Revy's Kentucky rye, 2 of BierMuncher's robust porter, and one Common Room ESB. I'm sauced.....wait....no....I'm pretty sure I had more of the porter....oh screw it, I'm going to bed before I do something stupid.

Its a bourbon night for me having 1835 texas bourbon and got a new peach whiskey from a distillery down the street. It closer to any brewery and possible can take a private tour too. Met the owners/founds. Good stuff. Going to save to get their single barrel soon

Had #s 1 3 6 8 9 12 14 20 and 21 a 22 year old porter that was actually pretty friggin amazing considering its only 4 yrs younger than me!

Edit: 4 years younger*

image-291838608.jpg

You have to understand, I was born and raised in Texas, so I consider anything within the confines of a state as small as CT to be local. :)

Back East brews some decent beer. Their RIS and IIPA are both pretty good, but those are the only other two I've had.

Ha ha! That explains it. :rockin: I was born and raised in NYC, which means anything further than 5 miles from us is considered "upstate." :D

HB cascade/willamette IPA cos I've got a friend visiting and he wanted to try it.

Pretty hungover, supposed to be going out drinking and watching the cricket so I'm hoping this beer kills the hangover...

(it's nearly 2pm here by the way, I'm not that much of an alcoholic that I'm drinking in the morning)

so you're 18?

Haha have to forgive me I was quite bombed at the time of posting. I meant to say 4 years younger than me.

Edit: i just looked that beer up and apparently I was most definitely incorrect in stating it is 22 years old. The whiskey barrels it is aged in are 22 years old. The bartender led me to believe that the beer itself was 22 years old.. I was pretty incredulous at first justifiably so apparently. My mistake.

haha thats what i figured, i just looked at it again and figured that was the case, excuse my rudeness i was also bombed when i got home last night

Just got to the hotel after an all night train ride. Having a Modelo, or 3 (in cans) before going to bed.

Sierra Nevada pale ale. Would have gone for a proper bitter but it's really hot so I wanted something cold...

Cricket not going particularly great.

ForumRunner_20130713_170319.jpg

What are your thoughts?

I love it. Not sure if I can call it the Holy Grail of
IPAs just yet. But good thing I have three more that will aid me in making my final decision. :D

It's awesome!

Latest posts

Back