Online gamers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoebisch01

Reaction score
Any of you out there? Traditionally I have played UT2k4, and some other miscellaneous games on the PC.

I used to play Call of Duty and Rainbow Six : Raven Shield, but I lost my good PC in the divorce and I've not had time, nor inclination really, to update the PC I have now to make it game ready.

I miss it a bit, but my schedule right now is pretty unrelenting, so I wouldn't have much time to play anyway.

I recently started NWN2, took a while to get it to run halfway decent on my new PC, have only had a chance to play the prologue.
I'm a recovering WOW addict, been clean for 3 months now. A mysterious banning followed by no customer service helped me along. I am now MMO free.

My PC is on the verge of being obsolete as far as online games go. I played the **** out of BF2 about a year ago. Got started on a few 360 games, just last week purchased vanguard:saga of heroes.

Looks to be promising. A few pints, a few hours waisted while the wife and daugheter sleep at night. All is good.

Reverend JC said:
My PC is on the verge of being obsolete as far as online games go.

Mine too. I used to be a Star Wars Galaxies freak just before they unlocked all the Jedi crap for everyone. It was way to much work. We've been down this road before in another thread.

Yeah, I am just wondering if it is even worth rebuilding my system when the next release of Unreal comes out. I am on the verge of just saying the heck with it and buying a console. Gears of War on the xbox looks pretty darned amazing. Not that I have all the time for it anyways. There was just always that element of playing against actual people vs. playing against a computer. Never got into MMORPG's, thankfully.

Chimone said:
I just quit WoW. TIme to move on IRL, anyone want to buy an acct for some beer?

I don't, but just out of curiosity, what kind of character did you have?

I was a huge fan of Quake 3 back in the day, and have played the odd FPS since then, but never to the same extent. I love multiplayer gaming, but I don't always get the time, and I own a Mac. If Xbox Live weren't $60 for a year, I'd try that out with my 360.

I never got into WoW because it just looked too good. I wanted time for other stuff, like life, SWMBO, and now, brewing. I was really into NWN about five years ago, and I also played a lot of WC3 online when it came out. Haven't played much online recently. I tried playing NWN2 online and it's a huge pain in the ass to get it set up. They made some major mistakes with online play in that game, which has probably decimated the potential community.

I play Call of Duty 2 on line several nights a week.

Stop by the Virtual Mercs server and say hi.

I have a different handle there tho....

Cheers,

knewshound

Wolf said:
Gnghhhgn! Errrrrrrkk!!

MUST.....NOT.......BUY.....ACCOUNT................

and to make it a little sweeter.....

mage is rank 11 frost

shaman has 4 epics and resto specced

I used to play Everquest but quit around the OoW/GoD expansions. Loved EQ, was a great game but it jumped the shark with Luclin. I will be playing VG:SoH as soon as I rebuild my system. My poor old machine hasnt been upgraded since I the PoP era of EQ and is no where near gamming condition anymore.

I've started playing BF 2142 a lot, since I've earned my first unlock I want to get them all! I used to be quite a CS addict, but the majority of the community have the personality of an insolent rhino with genital warts.

I am osososososo tempted to buy a Wii. I grew up playing the NES so naturally I'm loyal to Nintendo. And plus the Wii just looks awsome :)

Wolf said:
I recently started NWN2, took a while to get it to run halfway decent on my new PC, have only had a chance to play the prologue.
I'm a recovering WOW addict, been clean for 3 months now. A mysterious banning followed by no customer service helped me along. I am now MMO free.

Give in to it! /huge wow addict

62 gnome mage, haven't had a chance to really grind in the expansion yet though.

Yeah, well...I started playing MMORPG's with Ultima Online (did you know the game is still running?), then went to EQ, then to AO (Anarchy Online anyone?), then to SWG (I beta'd that one too, beta was better than the actual game!).

I had to give it all up when my daughter was born, but it was probably for the best. I used to spend 16+ hours playing on my days off.

I saw that look on my wife's face when I was accepted into the Dungeons and Dragons Online beta, but I couldn't really get into that one much at the time. I think it was mainly due to the small desk I had my computer on; it wasn't very comfortable to sit at long. The game was actually really cool; if you're into D&D!
:cross:

Now I spend all my free time here.;)

Call of Duty 2 on my PC, spend maybe as much time on there as i do here and brewing. Just got X-box 360, and still getting used to that. Going to go look for knewshound! SHHHHHH don't tell him.

Did anyone ever play that old MMO NexusTK? I played that for like...6 years. Damn.

OK, so my wife and I are ridiculous video game freaks.... I camped out for the ps3 and the wii. So, I have wii, ps3, xbox 360 and pc all online. I play billiards, gears of war and call of duty 3 on the 360... resistance on the ps3 and I'm pretty sure the wii doesn't have any online games yet... played everquest ont he pc for years, sold that guy for a couple grand. I have an eq2 account... wow, really gonna sound like a nerd here *65 necromancer gnome* .... .... .... haven't been online with that game in months though, but can't bring myself to delete the account.

yea, I'm a nerd.. I know.... so?

seefresh said:
OK, so my wife and I are ridiculous video game freaks.... I camped out for the ps3 and the wii. So, I have wii, ps3, xbox 360 and pc all online. I play billiards, gears of war and call of duty 3 on the 360... resistance on the ps3 and I'm pretty sure the wii doesn't have any online games yet... played everquest ont he pc for years, sold that guy for a couple grand. I have an eq2 account... wow, really gonna sound like a nerd here *65 necromancer gnome* .... .... .... haven't been online with that game in months though, but can't bring myself to delete the account.

yea, I'm a nerd.. I know.... so?
I know the feeling on deleteing the accounts. I had the hardest time ever leaving my level 70 rogue with 180AA and end game raiding gear (was ranked the #3 rogue on the server for HP, ATK and AC) to play EQ2. What made it worse is EQ2 SUCKED. I still have a guy I work with begging to buy my EQ account info so he can have the rogue and I havent played him in years. I do know he is still around because whe I reactivated my account when they brought out the progressive servers he was still there:ban:

Really hoping VG is something worht playing but looking at Newegg.com is giving me a headache trying to figure out what I am going to build my machine out of.

Here is what I am thinking of so far . . .
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188009
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116247
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130072

still need to find a inexpensive power supply, thinking like 900w and plain jane case the burners and drives arent a big deal to me so probably will go with something like a 300GB hard drive, not worried about sound at all, a inexpensive CD and DVD-rom drive, and somewhere around 2-4 gigs of RAM

Pumbaa said:

That's exactly what I just upgraded to, except I got the Conroe e6600... had no trouble overstocking it to 3.6 Ghz. So far its been a great PC.

I have a 360 and play it quite a bit but really only play online on my PC. Battlefield 2 is my game... "Liepo" is the name. I play a lot on GeezerGaming's servers - seem to be a fair bunch of guys.

I used to be a WOW addict.But after I moved into the house I built, away from most civilization, the only internet I can get is satellite.
Its sucks for online gaming. So I no longer play it.

Spyk'd said:
.I started playing MMORPG's with Ultima Online

I played UO also. I had a thief on Siege perilous. That game kept me out of so much trouble while I was in college.

Chimone said:
I played UO also. I had a thief on Siege perilous. That game kept me out of so much trouble while I was in college.

Agreed. Except for the girlfriends, the booze, and my friends! All of those seemed to get me in some form of trouble.

I sold my account that was on Atlantic for 450 bucks.

I used to be a HUGE Quake 3 arena addict also Team Arena, Played UT2003, UT2004, Played a lot of Doom3 & Resurection of Evil and Quake4.

Dont really have that much time any more. However When the new enemy territory comes out I am going to have to buy it,

Gotta support Linux Gaming. :rockin:

I'm not a gamer in the least bit. No offense to you who are, but it drives me nuts when I am walking around at work and every other conversation is about WOW or some other game. Used to be that all of the Navy gamers were Nuclear Trained (Nukes), but now everyone seems to be doing it.

I am stationed in Hawaii and find it sad that people hole up in their barracks rooms/houses for the entire weekend and never do anything.

I guess it's just a matter of knowing when to stop, but some gamers will stay up till 3 in the morning, then come into work tired and unable to function.

Our work group works nights for 4 month rotations. A bunch of us bought xbox's and would hook up online. I was pressuring one of the dudes to get one and he said; "when I get home, I go outside". What a lame-o! I bet he exercises and walks his dog, skis and other dumb stuff like that...

Oops, late for my marathon training...

McKBrew said:
I guess it's just a matter of knowing when to stop, but some gamers will stay up till 3 in the morning, then come into work tired and unable to function.

Thats the key to anything. Would you prefer it if they were out drinking until 3AM then coming in hungover?

Back