Bartenders make the best friends because...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In another thread we were discussing how making friends with your bartender can be a good thing for getting you some supplies. I decided to repost here for those that didn't get to see all the great reasons to befriend your bartender, but to see if we can come up with more ways a bartender can be useful to the homebrewer/potential next greatest microbrewer).

Please feel free to add to this list!

Bartenders make great friends of homebrewers for many reasons:
1) Free supplies (bottles, cases, 6-pack carriers)
2) Will get the beer you want stocked for you (yay! great local bartender picked up a keg of Celebration Ale)
3) May become a key contact in future business of beermaking (hey, we all dream of quitting our day job and becoming the next great microbrewery)
4) They happily get you toasted, and if you tip well, will sometimes slide you one under the table!

A termite walks into a bar and asks, "Is your bar tender here?"

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

A pirate walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, "You know you have a ship's steering wheel down the front of your pants?" The pirate says, "ARRRGHHH, drives me nuts!"

They can be a good source of jokes...:D :D :D :mug:

You know who could also be a good friend to have? The brewmaster at a local brewpub. I'm never wanting for fresh yeast...

1. They know the lowdown on every chick in the place.
2. They know all the bookies & dope dealers (or so I'm told)

Also, if your getting a late start, they might let you stay after hours when they unwind and have a drink themselves and they may have chicks with them!!!!!

Have chicks with them? LOL

Oddly enough, when I've been out with multiple girls, I've always picked a bar where I knew the bartender would be into the "fifth wheel" and would go in, talk up the bartender, and then relied on him to pick up the extra wheel.

So he'd buy her drinks, she'd sit near him at the bar, and 2 times out of 3, he'd take her home with him, and I'd get to be alone with the woman of my choice...

Of course, after that, I get one free drink from that bartender every night for the rest of my life.

:ban:

Over time, if you drink at one place frequently enough, you become part of the "home team." That is, you make friends with all the other regulars, and everyone has everyone else's back. As a bartender, it's comforting to realize on those rare occasions when fights start, I've got half a dozen guys who'll jump into the mix if necessary.

That's the truth. I was part of the "home team" where my wife worked while going to college and then one night, it just all happened. Pool balls flying, chairs throwing, bottles breaking, etc. etc. We all jumped behind the bar, I grabbed my wife, got her away from trouble, and we guarded the rest.

Never been in or seen a bar fight, probably because I'm a morning person and the regulars are just coming in when I leave. About 95% of the time, I'm in for lunch and that's it.

Although, there was the time while I was still in the Navy, where the Engineering Officer tried to beat up the Shore Patrol's truck.

Back