My geek programming skills may be useful!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompeiisneaks

Why that human mask?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I downloaded a boatload of beerxml files from a website called brew-monkey.com, I was thinking they'd be great for people to download and import into their app of choice that supports beerxml. I got permission from brew-monkey.com to upload them here so long as we credit his excellent work compiling this list. I basically coded a script to grab all the xml files into one file, then I split them out to a file per recipe. I just generically named them as recipe1.xml - recipe203.xml or whatever it was, a couple hundred recipe's I could possibly write another script to read the beer name and style from the xml file and rename the files to that naming convention if the interest was there for something more readily understood by file name. Let me know if y'all think thats a good idea, or if you usually prefer to just edit your own stuff and/or manually enter/import one recipe you want to do and modify to your taste?

It was a decent amount of really geeky fun work, but I'd like others to gain from my geekyness ;)

Mods,

I'm now thinking my placing of this is not smart ;) Can someone move this to the beer software thread? There may be a bit too much going on in general w/ people that don't use software at all. That way the right people see it?

Sorry, for not setting that right from the get go... and I don't seem to see any tool to move it myself... odd... maybe there is one, and I'm even more dumb....

haha

Back