Been in Keg for 2 Weeks - No Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartm

Reaction score
I kegged a dunkelweizen almost 2 weeks ago and set it to about 5psi. I've been gone for the last week and when I came back last night I poured a glass and there's still no real carbonation. I checked for leaks and there doesn't appear to be any (the keg is holding pressure and the CO2 tank isn't going down unusually) I have it refrigerated at about 45˚F.

Any idea what's going on? Do I have the pressure set too low?

TIA

I kegged a dunkelweizen almost 2 weeks ago and set it to about 5psi. I've been gone for the last week and when I came back last night I poured a glass and there's still no real carbonation. I checked for leaks and there doesn't appear to be any (the keg is holding pressure and the CO2 tank isn't going down unusually) I have it refrigerated at about 45˚F.

Any idea what's going on? Do I have the pressure set too low?

TIA

Yup to low. If you don't care to wait a few more days crank it to 30psi for two days, then turn it down to 10-12psi and check. You can always do the shake method, but I can't stand it, so you'll have to look it up.

Back