My Bar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homebrewer_99 said:
I'll trade you some ties for clamps...guess what I get a lot of??? ;) :D

Awesome, and I don't use that word often, bar.

I saw a bunch of those touch screen jukeboxes in Korea last year...I may have to do something similar. ;)

Yeah this particular one came from Canada, and I believe was used in an industrial environment. It's got Samsung guts. It does work really well for a bar though, especially for jukebox music.

All that can be said has already been said. My 2cents GOOD JOB. That is sweet. Now to figure out a way to steal it and put it in my casa..... :mug:

SD

wow....and wow, that is really sweet man, and I really appreciate the 15" touchscreen!

*wipe drool from face* wow very nice.

Only one thing i saw that was wrong.......tap #1 on your chalk board was blank........

That's gorgeous. Now I feel ridiculous about having put off building the collar for my freezer with the excuse of being too busy.

Which button makes the brass pole rise up from the floor and starts the stripper music?

xamers said:
What did you use for finish on the non-top surfaces?

I'm a fellow wood freak myself.

On the wood surfaces I used wipe-on-poly - basically a mixture of poly and mineral spirits.

MadDwarf said:
That's gorgeous. Now I feel ridiculous about having put off building the collar for my freezer with the excuse of being too busy.

Which button makes the brass pole rise up from the floor and starts the stripper music?

SHHH - I can't let that out of the bag. Can only use that when the wife is at work.

I dont have the actual touchscreen yet, but i am running "freebox" jukebox. It's thye best that i found, looks like the real touchtunes, and is always expanding. You can get an older copy of it for free. Just a thought.

Hey thanks, oxiderush - I may check it out. I use Mediamonkey for maintaining my mp3 collection, but I am not opposed to using something different at the bar that is more "guest friendly".

Just found this...Super cool! The touchscreen jukebox is uber-cool but I really like the mood lighting touch...

-Tripod

One of my favorite bar builds -- I'm thinking of doing one myself in the future. Do you mind me asking approx how much the build cost?

thanks for the comments guys.

Sevorino - man I dunno how much it cost... If I had to throw a number out there I guess I would say around $2500 (incl the computer and screen and soundsystem, kegerator, 2nd mini fridge, wine cooler, low-volt lighting, all plumbing and lighting materials, wood materials, finishing supplies, faucets, tower, CO2 tanks, sink, etc..)

Tough to say - I don't wanna know, really. :) I have made other furniture upgrades to my house, but this is by far the best.

One of my favorite bar builds -- I'm thinking of doing one myself in the future. Do you mind me asking approx how much the build cost?

Hey Steverino, if you ever get around to building yours let me know and I'll come help out...

-Tripod

I think it's also impressive you had the foresight to install a sink. Most people don't realize how nice it is to have a 'wet' bar until they need it.

Awesome build brrman. I would definitly be proud to kickback and drink some beer to some tunes in that area.

What brand draft tower is this?

bar2008_003.jpg

I like this sooo much more than a straight neck with a couple of taps on it.

Hey Thanks.
The arm rails came from a hardwood supplier in Ohio called Baird Brothers.
http://www.bairdbrothers.com/
I had it shipped in the two pieces I needed. They were good to deal with - I intend to use them again when I resurface my stairs with hardwood this fall.

I am drooling!!!

Okay I love it but where it the kegerator? I assume it is built in under the taps but is it a keezer you converted? I'd love to see a picture of it.

LOL - no they are not cheap - but the bar was not my first project. I have full woodworking shop in my basement - so a few years of accumulating clamps when I need'em. I still need more. :)

The kegerator is under the taps, free standing. The lines go through the hole drilled in the top and are insulated with basic plumbing foam wrap. It's a converted Kenmore fridge.
You can see it here...

Bar%20-%2005-2007%20011.jpg

I am going to steal your basic idea here and build my own bar. I really like the touchscreen monitor, and the chalkboard is a nice touch.

I just ran across this project from your signature. Hands down the best looking set up I've seen. I'm jealous of the workshop too.

Wow, searching old threads on bar builds, and two of the coolest are from Indy, my town. Gotta love that.
Just getting in to kegging myself.
Cool setup you have there!

lakedawgs... always a pleasure to have a homebrewer frequent my bar... lemme know if you wanna drop by for a pint!

Hey awesome job on the bar, I bet you have some nice partays.

I was wondering:

1) where did you pick up the bar edge curve trim?
2) what type epoxy product did you use?
3) what kind of accent lighting under the bar?

The veneer you chose is fantastic. I have very similar pattern in many of my maple wood floor boards.. nice

Hey awesome job on the bar, I bet you have some nice partays.

I was wondering:

1) where did you pick up the bar edge curve trim?
2) what type epoxy product did you use?
3) what kind of accent lighting under the bar?

The veneer you chose is fantastic. I have very similar pattern in many of my maple wood floor boards.. nice

Hey sorry I missed this post, I have been on vacation for 2 weeks.

I got the bar rail at Baird Bros in Ohio. http://www.bairdbrothers.com/ They have lots of diff wood species.

The Epoxy was called Mirrorcoat - it was expensive to do the whole bartop. There are cheaper alternatives out there - which I did not discover til later.

The accent lighting is LED light bars I found at Costco one afternoon. I can't remember the name of them. But they have a switch that allows you to alter the color of the light, or let it run through the colors as it fades in and out.

The maple burl veneer for the bar top was bought on Ebay. Was about $150 if I recall.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I am still on vacation and am missing my homebrew right now.

Back