Will this bent post mess up the seal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnio

Reaction score
I have a corny with a bent post, but it seems to seal alright. Am I imagining that it works or is this really ok

poppet-1.jpg

poppet-2.jpg

i have one like that and have not had any problems yet. Mine has the one little dent where it looks like your's has 2, but i would imagine no big deal.

I have one that looks a whole lot like that, and it works fine... the seal is INSIDE the post, not on the outside... the only thing that I notice is that the connector can be a pain in the butt to get on and off the bent post, compared to my others that are undamaged.

+1 on that. I have one with a dent in it also. Never had a problem. Just make sure the o rings are good and you should be fine.

Great, thanks for all the responses guys -- gonna fill it with some hobgoblinish beer here soon!

rabidgerbil said:
I have one that looks a whole lot like that, and it works fine... the seal is INSIDE the post, not on the outside...

When gas/beer line is connected there is also an outside seal where the O-ring is.

You should ad some water to the keg and pressurize it to see if outside seal is ok too when the connector is on.

Use starsan or leaktest spray to check if seal is ok if it is the gas post that is bent, else just watch for water.

If post scratches connector inside it will damage connector over time, as the inside of connector makes seal with post O-ring.

Cheers
Jakob

Back