Let it begin!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreal_trip

Reaction score
So I've started a blog! Looking to work on my writing skills and rant a bit. It'll be on, you guessed it. Beer! Also my other hobbies bbq, cigars, camping, general man nonsense.

Drop by post a comment. Hell I'm looking to learn something so your input is appreciated!

http://Surrealtrip.wordpress.com

Cheers

"Now I’m a beer snob. Let me explain what that means to me. It means I would rather forego a pint then drink something I won’t enjoy, or is new to me."

"The key is to try something new. Next time you’re looking down the aisle with all those gleaming bottles and cans, try something new."

Well, which one is it?

'

i'm gonna be blunt:

this is the worst thing i've ever read.

the assholiness is dripping from every single word. not to mention pretentiousness at a level I've never seen before.

all this mixed with random f-bombs.

disgusting.

ChefRex said:
"Now I’m a beer snob. Let me explain what that means to me. It means I would rather forego a pint then drink something I won’t enjoy, or is new to me."

"The key is to try something new. Next time you’re looking down the aisle with all those gleaming bottles and cans, try something new."

Well, which one is it?

'

Ha. Fixed on it now. Much appreciated!

motobrewer said:
i'm gonna be blunt:

the assholiness is dripping from every single word. not to mention pretentiousness at a level I've never seen before.

disgusting.

Sorry it didn't jive for you man! I'm Going to get better. Maybe when I've cleaned it up and worked on my writing skills it'll work for ya!

i'm gonna be blunt:

disgusting.

Dont know if its the worst thing I have ever read. Actually definitely not. But I have to agree, it was pretty pretentious and the cussing was unnecessary.

Do you consider yourself a beer snob, or a beer geek? They are different and I am definitely in the later group, at least for the most part. Snobbery turns people away.

Henry22 said:
Dont know if its the worst thing I have ever read. Actually definitely not. But I have to agree, it was pretty pretentious and the cussing was unnecessary.

Do you consider yourself a beer snob, or a beer geek? They are different and I am definitely in the later group, at least for the most part. Snobbery turns people away.

Bah beer snob has been my thing... But I'm trying to get past it... Haha I've been a bit of a jackass (unintentionally) with my snootiness. So I'm going to be trying to work on it and my communication skills with this. Basically gotta be a bit less of a jackass and a bit more supportive. I'm also working on the whole swearing thing... With a son in the house I've had to start watching my tongue, I'm going to edit out the posts for cursing. It's amazing what I'll get down in a pinch.

So in point the blog stuff is going to be more of a learning thing for me. Hopefully ill see a progression of skill and less a-holiness moving down the line!

Cheers!

Learn the difference between 'then' and 'than'.

Can I blame auto correct? Haha guess not! Cheers for checking it out!

That error is still in there...

My advice: Please, don't give up your day job, and keep brewing.
Otherwise, it is great to be able to express your opinion and thoughts to the world. That's what blogs are for.

Trivia question:
What does "blog" stand for? Now don't look it up.... Do you really know it?

IslandLizard said:
That error is still in there...

My advice: Please, don't give up your day job, and keep brewing.
Otherwise, it is great to be able to express your opinion and thoughts to the world. That's what blogs are for.

Trivia question:
What does "blog" stand for? Now don't look it up.... Do you really know it?

I'm pretty sure it comes from web log but no idea why it isn't a wlog!
Ya this wont be to make money or anything. I'm sure an actual writer with good editing skills could do it, but not me.
I finally found that 'than'... Damn thing crept in!

I really think for me this will be a solid tool to learn how to express myself. I've been reading a few blogs for ages and its inspiring to watch as their ability grows. I'll get there!

Oof- I'm drunk so I promise I won't read it yet. I want to work on my writing as well, though, so tomorrow this will show up in "my replies" and I'll give you a real assessment tomorrow when I'm at work. Congrats for putting yourself out there, though. Takes balls.

daksin said:
Oof- I'm drunk so I promise I won't read it yet. I want to work on my writing as well, though, so tomorrow this will show up in "my replies" and I'll give you a real assessment tomorrow when I'm at work. Congrats for putting yourself out there, though. Takes balls.

Bah thick skin more than anything else. But hell you gotta start somewhere... If I stressed too much on what other people say I wouldn't have brought it on here. But least I can expect the HBT crowd to be ridiculously honest... N also help with my **** grammar!

Latest posts

Back