What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Pliny the Elder. It's not quite what I expected. It's very good, but I don't think it lives up to the hype. Now, before anyone crucifies me, I will say that earlier this evening I ate hot wings, so maybe my taste buds hadn't quite recovered. Also, I was pretty full when I opened the Pliny, so maybe that had something to do with it. I will try it again on another occasion, just to be sure.

Just earlier: sample of my Amarillo IIPA.

Now: Founders Double Trouble, Three Floyds Dreadnaught, Bell's Hopslam

I guess I'll be here a little while before I head home. :)

sample of my smoked imperial porter, and found some more sam adams nobel pils... not gone yet!
(actually went looking for the new Sam Summer ale... it's an american wheat... anticipating being completely under-whelmed... NOT a fan of american wheats. figured I'd get it out of the way.)

2009 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot.

Last bottle of the 09 I have. So much for my vertical tasting plans.
Still have 2 or 3 bottles of 08, and have not got the 10 yet. Probably too late for that.

2009 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot.

Last bottle of the 09 I have. So much for my vertical tasting plans.
Still have 2 or 3 bottles of 08, and have not got the 10 yet. Probably too late for that.

I don't know that I can help you with finding a bottle, but Brouwers in Fremont just had a big Barleywine festival a couple weeks ago and had like 1/2 their 64 taps with Barleywines. Bigfoot is still on tap there as of a check on their website today.

edit: just noticed it is the 2009 Bigfoot on tap.

http://www.brouwerscafe.com/draught.pdf

I don't know that I can help you with finding a bottle, but Brouwers in Fremont just had a big Barleywine festival a couple weeks ago and had like 1/2 their 64 taps with Barleywines. Bigfoot is still on tap there as of a check on their website today.

edit: just noticed it is the 2009 Bigfoot on tap.

http://www.brouwerscafe.com/draught.pdf

It's not an issue of finding bottles, more than I just haven't looked.

I've been drinking quite a bit less beer, and I haven't even been to the store nearly as much in the last few months.

Gameday Ice!!!!!

It really isn't that bad.
It looks, smells and tastes better than Natty Ice. But that isn't saying much. It's sweeter than I thought it would be.

Quickly disappearing head. no lacing. I think my Sam Adams glass is mad at me for pouring this into it. :)

Switching from my New Castle (always a hit) and an new recipe American Cherry Wheat. I am very curious how the Cherry Wheat goes at the Crawfish boil tommorrow.

And I agree, that Wychwood Hobgoblin Dark English Ale is the bomb. I have a few pints left of one that I screwed up (tripled hopped the dang thing). I was drinking and converging liters, grams to gallons and ounces. I actually had two people really like it. I like it for beer can chicken! I have drank several gallons over the last few weeks. I will do it again, correctly this time.

De Ranke Noir de Dottignies. It's been a long time since the first sip of a beer made me say "Wow....". This one did, and continues to with each taste after the first. There is just so much going on and you would never guess it was 9% ABV...

Baltika 8

This Russian Hefeweizen is really tasty. good balance between banana and clove.
under $2 a bottle at neighborhood Bevmo.

I just had two entirely mediocre beers that I never should have bothered buying.

First was a Sam Adams Imperial Stout. I should have known because I never liked anything Sam Adams put out, but I thought I'd give this one a shot.

Second was a New Belgium Mothership Wit. Now, I've liked most anything they've put out (though Fat Tire is horribly overrated), but this one was just... meh.

I'm finishing off with a Deschutes Twilight Ale so the night isn't a complete loss. :D

Duck-Rabbit milk stout (2010 gold medal winner in the World Beer Cup - Sweet Stout Category) and RJ Rockers Bald Eagle Brown Ale both excellent, and a good value brew.

I just had two entirely mediocre beers that I never should have bothered buying.

First was a Sam Adams Imperial Stout. I should have known because I never liked anything Sam Adams put out, but I thought I'd give this one a shot.

Second was a New Belgium Mothership Wit. Now, I've liked most anything they've put out (though Fat Tire is horribly overrated), but this one was just... meh.

I'm finishing off with a Deschutes Twilight Ale so the night isn't a complete loss. :D

I like to think of Sam Adams and New Belgium as good entry level beers for folks branching out from BMC. Do they stand up to anything from Founders, Stone, Rogue, SN, DFH, etc.? No, but they make an honest effort, are accessible, reasonably priced, and get you half way there. Much better, IMHO, than InBev's Michelob line of specialty beers.

Onto AG Batch #12. All Centennial IPA. Weighing in at a whopping 7.6% abv This beer is a beautiful orange color with an aroma of spicy grapefruit, flavors of orange and mango and moderate-low bitterness for an IPA. Finished at 1.010, the beer is very dry and leaves you craving for more. Probably the best, beautiful beer I have created except for the Imperial Stout sitting in the secondary right now.

9.5% Devil Dog Ale......Semper Fi. I plan to sell this ale at my brew pub, however since alabama can't pass laws in a timely fashion I'll have to wait a year but hopefully in a year I'll be ready to get the ball rolling.

Southern Tier 2XIPA. Quite nice for a new beer. Keep up thw good work ST, you're an awesome brewery

Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA

Wintercoat Mols Ol cask

(with a chicken/bacon/pineapple/onion/jalapeño pizza w/BBQ sauce)

Edit: the Double Crooked Tree is good...can't much recommend the Wintercoat though.

Back