Randy Mosher India Red Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry man. I've been drinking and that response was just too easy. I haven't brewed it but it sounds very interesting. I hope you find what you are looking for.:mug:

What is the recipe?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Me neither but it looks good. I have the book with me at work. I have everything but the goldings. But are they EKG's or Styrian? I have Fuggles so I could sub them for EKG's. I was going to do an Arrogant Bastard clone next but I might have to do this one

I planned on brewing it, but ended up splitting the difference between it and an IPA. I didn't use any Black Patent, although I did use Munich and Crystal 80. I hopped with Centennials and Cascades. I think it turned out great...I'd guess his recipe is good as well.

I think the Goldings are either EKG or US Goldings.

I'm trying a red on Sunday.

20lbs American 2 row
2.5 lbs 60L
1 lb Munich
3 oz roasted barley
Magnum and Palisades

I'm trying a red on Sunday.

20lbs American 2 row
2.5 lbs 60L
1 lb Munich
3 oz roasted barley
Magnum and Palisades

Dig those Palisades. I used them for bittering and flavor in conjunction with EKGs and Cascades in my Christmas Ale (in my recipes, and linked below). While I can't specifically pick out the character of them, I *can* say that the bittering was really great and there was some sort of spicy touch in the hops that I think was from them, and that they *do* go well with Cascades and EKGs.

Have you used them on their own? Thoughts?

This is only my second time with the Pali's. I used them previously for bittering and aroma on an amber that came out great. Just used them for aroma on this batch. We'll see how it goes.

Back