Rebel Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickass

Reaction score
I saw this online home brew store advertised here and was wondering if anyone has used them and what they thought.

More specifically, I’m an extract brewer and wondering about freshness of LME, DME, hops, and yeast. I noticed their prices were better than Midwest, who I typically order from, and was wondering about their quality. Additionally I’d like to know about their customer service, something I’ve been extremely pleased about with Midwest.

Thanks

Kick ass............Tyler at Rebel Brewer is also"KickAss". This is now the only online brew store I buy from. His prices are KickAss too (Sorry had to do it again:)

I get Briess 2 Row for around 95 cents a lb (when buying 10 lb or more) and he always has Rahr 2 row for under a dollar a pound, any amount!!

Great customer service, quality, and OMG shpping is super fast.

No, they do not have flat rate shipping but after investigating and comparing you will notice you will still come out on top compared to other online HBS's because the product prices are lower ( that is how the flat rate shippers get away with it).

No I have nothing to do with the store other than I am a customer tha was looking for a quality fare HBS that does not rape your wallet.

In closing I highly recommend them if you cant tell already :)

I put in a decent sized order (around $250) a couple weeks ago and it arrived fast, all was there, good prices, very happy customer here! They were out of the black bottle caps and replaced them with the more expensive ones, the 02 absorbers. So yep, I highly recommend the Rebel Brewer.

I will say upfront that Rebel Brewer is my LHBS. The freshness of the yeast is awesome due to the high turnover. I bought a Wyeast Smack Pack last weekend and within 2 hours the pack was swelled up and hard as a rock. I have to say that Tom & Tyler are both great guys. There customer service can't be beat and the prices are fantastic. You can also check out the kegerator and what is on tap if you stop by in person. Having the Rebel Brewer within 10 minutes of my house is like a god send.

I've ordered from them twice now. Both times my order shipped in under an hour. (Both orders were dry yeast, so I think they just popped it in the mail via USPS). I would certainly recommend them.

Plenty of threads on these guys as well as a couple of others. We are pretty honest about the online retailers and other than a few minor issues, they all pretty much ROCK!!

Best choice for you is the one with the best prices, closest distance, or cheapest shipping depending on which is most important for you,

I can't say anything bad about them. I've used them twice and have excellent luck both times.

Well, it’d be hard to disregard the overwhelming majority. Thanks guys, I’ll be giving them a shot.

Where is their physical location? I see 1234 is from TN and says they are his LHBS, has my deductive reasoning failed me?

Well, it’d be hard to disregard the overwhelming majority. Thanks guys, I’ll be giving them a shot.

Where is their physical location? I see 1234 is from TN and says they are his LHBS, has my deductive reasoning failed me?

I think they are both in Hendersonville.

Yes, they are still in business. I only could find a handful of items that aren't in stock on their webpage. Sounds like bad luck to me.

Yep they're good. I've only ordered from them once, because I've got a great LHBS, but the order was accurate, quick and fairly priced. Lotsa love for them on this board.

My favorite shop to order from. I also order from Midwest and occasionally NB and Austin Homebrew but Rebel is my fav. Great service, shipping, hop seletion, malt selection (and a killer giant mash whisk - my favorite tool addition).

Love this store, they got some grains I can't find anywhere else. My order comes in 2-3 days.

Back