I dropped my six pack.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynachrome

Reaction score
We were grocery shopping for the Memorial Day weekend. We picked up a decent selection of beer. A while later I lost my cool.

One was a six pack of Smithwick's. I heard it tip over in the back seat of the F250. My wife said don't open that door. ...yeah, right.

At the next store, a tornado warning siren went off while we were checking out. We got a little hurried loading groceries into the truck.

I opened the door and the six pack fell out.

I lost three soldiers.

:(

No-one died or was injured in the tornado from early reports.

If you like smithwicks they have brought out a new pale ale, well mew over here. Its not bad at all.

I was at a Walmart and buying beer for myself. A few of the other interns were there grocery shopping but we all rode together. They wouldn't let me buy any beer since the others were underage. On my way to put the beer back the handle broke and shattered every last bottle.

I was at a Walmart and buying beer for myself. A few of the other interns were there grocery shopping but we all rode together. They wouldn't let me buy any beer since the others were underage. On my way to put the beer back the handle broke and shattered every last bottle.

Seriously. That is just ignorant. So, parents shopping with kids are not allowed to purchase beer cause their kids are underage?

When you say rode together do they have those walmart fat trucks now for multiple people at a time....wow?

walmart-and-obesity1.jpg

Also, did you have to pay for the smashed beer bottles?

EoinMag said:
When you say rode together do they have those walmart fat trucks now for multiple people at a time....wow?

Also, did you have to pay for the smashed beer bottles?

I did not pay. I told an employee of the mess and walked out with the rest of my food.

Seriously. That is just ignorant. So, parents shopping with kids are not allowed to purchase beer cause their kids are underage?

I think it was more that I was 21 at the time and they were all 20. They saw us walk in together so I was automatically buying beer for them. Some places around here will card both my wife and me when I am buying beer.

I havent been carded in years. Thats not true actually, last time I was carded it was a 19 year old liquor store girl. I thanked her perfusely.

She thought I was flirting, I can tell because of the "oh no" look on her face.

On my 21st birthday I walked into the liquor store (this was before I knew what beer was) with a big smile on my baby face and he didn't card me!!! I was so ready to show that ID but NOOO, he just looked around/out the window all shifty eyed and decided to let me buy it. If I knew he was ok with it I would have been buying liquor WAY sooner.

The same thing happened to me when I turned 21. It was a bottle of Phillips Union cherry whisky. I was so excited to show my ID, but the clerk couldn't care less.

Oh god don't even get me started on that bull****.

We went a while back to a grocery store and I grabbed a sixer of red hook ESB. My girlfriend left her wallet and stuff in the car because she just had a clutch and didn't feel like carrying it.

The one six pack of beer was the only thing we were buying too.

I walk up to the cash register and the (stupid) woman behind the counter asks if we're married. I look at her like she's retarded, because neither of us are wearing wedding bands, and tell her "no", then she asks to see BOTH of our IDs.

We're both 24, and she's older than I am. Yeah she looks a little younger, but whatever. I was buying a six pack of expensive craft beer, not a dirty thirty.

long story short, I was going to put it back but was so pissed that I waited there and steamed at the woman while the girlfriend went and got her **** out of the car, just so the cashier could look like an idiot to all of the people behind us.

The icing on the cake? The girlfriend doesn't even drink beer.

I get the whole "we ID" thing, but a lot of it should fall under discretion, seeing as a guy and his girlfriend buying one six pack of beer is a lot different than four or five guys walking up, and then one of them goes to the register to buy the beer while the others head out to the car.:mad:

I've tried the "New" Rhinelander Beer. It's reasonably good.
I was a little worried that it might be a bit of a get-rich-quick scheme when I heard the brand was being revived.
My mother bought a twlve-pack today at the grocery store. While I was unloading the grocerys, I tried to grab the twelver with one hand and carry it in. I've done this before with quite a few, yes - quite a few, other brands of beer. The Rhinelander box didn't hold up.
When it landed a few of the bottles dropped out. None broke.
A few of them had their tops let loose like pressure relif vavlves, but stayed on "sort of capped".

Picks....

The cardboard of the box was really lightweight and cheap. The boxes usually have four flaps, this one only had three...

IMG_20160213_134828_157.jpg

IMG_20160213_135909_907.jpg

Similar situation once with a sixer of shiner hefe. Only it was the wife's Honda fit and the rear hatch after grocery shopping. Think I lost 3 too. Actually kinda stung a little.

Back