• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Culture Vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on the ETA? Thanks again for co-ordination all this.

I get agar from the Chinees market in Newtonville. I bought 5lbs back a long time ago and am still using it. You make a starter wort then add the agar to it while boiling it. I dose it into the vials with a pipette

Do you use plastic or glass Petri dishes

I know I have a lot of questions

I would assume the spreadsheet is up to date correct? I think I'll commit to the remaining 40 if still available. That should close it correct?

Yep it is I am working on boxing up all the vials. The lids came seperate from the vials so I have to count them out. If everyone but:Justin Butler, Andrew Moore, and Edward DeCambra can send me thier shipping address that would be great just send it via PM so that I can print it out and put it on the package.

Looking forward to getting the vials, is there any ETA on when you shipped/will be shipping them.

Thanks man

If for some reason someone backs out on you, or doesn't pay. I'd be down for 40 or so.

Same here, It seems like if they were mailed out Friday at least someone would have received them.

I have been in the hospital here. I have had spotty interenet and been on a ton of meds. If you all think that i am going to ruin my rep here for a few bux worth of culture vials you are mistaken. My girl sent out some of the orders on friday and monday. I should be home on monday and will sort everything out at that point. If you have not gotten your order I will sort it out.

Hey don't get all offended This is what we saw
i shipprd on friday. Haven't felt well this weekend so have not been online much
So the thought is they were mailed out on the 4th very understandable. So what is one suppose to think. You said nothing about you having mailed out some. We took your response at face value, and expected them in a reasonable time frame. You did not see or hear any bitching when you told everyone they had shipped the wrong ones. We took that also at face value. So in the long run people have been very accepting of the time frame, but this time frame is getting old. People have yeast they want to store and I for one am going to loose because I have 3 yeast cakes I need to harvest. I did the brews with the expectation of the vials coming in sooner rather than later.

Too late about your reputation. You should not have PM'd me last week saying my vials were shipped and I would have them by Wednesday May 9th, I still don't have them nor do I have any confidence I will ever receive them. Has anyone to date received their order?

I tossed two yeast cakes I was hoping to harvest.

I have checked his Profile which shows the last date he was Active in the forum and he has been checking in every day....not buying the hospital story. A simple "i am laid up in the hospital" would have been prudent on any of those days he showed as active on the forum.

Lesson learned.

Look I have had kidney stones and have been on pain meds. I had a couple that needed ultrasound to be broken up. I don't have a store just a guy trying to help out. 'You will get your vials when I get home on Monday. I have run multiple grain buys and always come threw. I understand that this has taken too long but I can't help it.

Seriously, you guys should just put the claws away for a bit. It is just some cheap culture vials, this guy volunteered to buy these in bulk and pass savings on, if you want faster shipping and orders go to Cynmar or some similar and pay more. He is doing us a favor! He has been a member for almost 2 years and doesn't have only 10 posts, plus he is a premium supporter. It would be pretty dumb to screw one person on HBT and ruin his history and rep, let alone a decent sized group like us. I doubt there is anything nefarious going on.

If you don't want to buy his hospital (which I have no problem believing) then just think about his situation logically, why would he still be on here if he wanted to "take the money and run?"

I agree with previous post. Give him a break.

I've been a part of a group buy which Donovan organized few weeks ago. Group buy was 3 pallets worth of grain and he collected all the funds. If he wanted to make some quick cash I think he'd take few grand over few dollars here.

He does the group grain buy for mass, and is legit, I'm sure hes not out to burn anyone. His buys are on point and legit, read the mass buy forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back