American Wheat Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepe501

Reaction score
Trying to make a unique american wheat. Has anyone tried adding a Pomegranate or a Kiwi? Or any fruits that work well? Thank You.

I have not tried the two fruits mentioned but did find some info on pomegranates. "Fruit hard to deal with. Syrup or concentrate available, try Middle Eastern grocery. High acid and tannin. .2-.5 pint syrup per gallon."

I brewed a wheat beer last year with coconut. It turned out pretty good. I used one pound unsweetened coconut in a three gallon batch. It's on my list to brew again.

Are you looking for all grain, mini mash, or extract? Next do you want Belgian, German or American wheat beer?

Jsin said:
Are you looking for all grain, mini mash, or extract? Next do you want Belgian, German or American wheat beer?
Hey, I was gonna ask the same questions, but I was gonna also ask red or black raspberries?;)

I was assuming NOT German wheat because of the already provided banana flavor OR the Belgium because of the orange and coriander...hmmm...that leaves American (which was asked for...).:D

(Yes, I am a smart-a$$, but just go with it, OK?...I enjoy having fun! No harm, no foul! Nothing serious intended. Once you get to know me you'll love me in spite of myself, promise! If I needed an excuse it would be that I am a heart attack survivor and we tend to have a different outlook on life. In reality, I've always been this way...I was just looking for a legitimate excuse to be me!)

homebrewer_99 said:
I was also assuming NOT German wheat because of the already provided banana flavor.
Yeah, I was thinking if you were going to do this (not that there's anything wrong with it), you'd want to use an American wheat with a neutral yeast as a base. Otherwise it seems like it'd be quite muddled in terms of flavors. But then again, I've never done it and can't say conclusively.

Back