120v Hybrid Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
It's almost complete. I originally started with an all electric brutus 20. I decided my back didn't enjoy lifting buckets any longer so I made the upgrade to a three vessel system. I bought a welder and some steel and started to weld the stand together. I love the Sabco layout so that's what I followed.

The HLT and MT are made from a 15.5g keg wrapped in insulation. The HLT has 2 120v elements in it controlled by two 25a SSR and an Auber PID. There is 25 foot of 3/8 copper coil.

The kettle is a 24 gallon custom kettle I picked up from the homebrew store he was selling on consignment for 75 bucks. It is built like a tank! Without further ado, the pictures.

Brewery:
IMG_0040.jpg

Control Panel:
IMG_0044.jpg

Pump:
IMG_0043.jpg

Chiller and DIY mount:
IMG_0042.jpg

Kettle(Partiallly done)
IMG_0041.jpg

Mash Tun:
IMG_0045.jpg

Still need the burner and shield. I can't use that until I move in a few months since I'm currently in the basement. Soon I'll have a garage I can brew in so I'll be getting a banjo burner.

It's the March pump. Been using the pump for about a year. Makes brewing large volumes a bit easier. It's loud though.

Thanks! I'm really happy with it. A lot of time and work went into it. It's my first welding project so I kind of impressed myself with how it came out. Can't wait to be able to fire up the big kettle.

Back