Cloudy after bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smstromb

Reaction score
I'm brewing 5 gal of cream ale with an OG of 1.042 that I fermented in a 6.5 gal carboy for 7 days. After the 7 days I had a SG of 1.006 and I racked to a secondary 5 gal carboy to condition. I let it condition for 3 weeks before deciding to bottle. I carefully racked the beer without stirring any trub into a bottling bucket. I boiled 5oz of priming sugar in a cup of water for 15 minutes and then added it into the bottling bucket with the beer. I made sure not to aerate the beer and everything was cleaned and sanitized carefully.

For the first two days in the bottle the beer was extremely clear. On the third day I noticed what I thought was trub at the bottom of one of the beers. I stirred the beer in the bottle a little bit and the whole thing went instantly cloudy. I tested a couple other bottles with the same results.

Is my beer contaminated or could it be yeast?

Back