Obligatory First AG Thread w/ pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knownikko

Reaction score
Finally got all the equipment together to give all-grain brewing a try. Like many others around here, decided to make a batch of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale for my maiden voyage.

In all, things went really smoothly. No real surprises, and I managed to hit my efficiency and gravity right where I expected to be. Calculated 75% brewhouse efficiency.

My "brew rig", if you can call it that:

web.jpg

Brewer's assistant #1, Stone Sublimely Self Righteous:

web.jpg

Brewer's apprentices #1 and #2:

web.jpg

Sparge running into the kettle:

web.jpg

60 minutes later, beer!

web.jpg

Only real issue I had was that my boil-off rate was greater than anticipated. I ended up about a half gallon short at the end and topped off with some water to get to the ~5.5 gallons I was expecting.

Pitched with a packet of notty, now we wait!

Also, anybody can do this. I found the whole process SO much easier than what I used to do inside on the stove top. Everything just clicked into place...

Now for a keggle, keezer, etc etc etc...

Congrats man. It's crazy how after the first attempt you just think to yourself..."That was what I was stressing about?!" Welcome to the club.

congrats on your first AG. When i saw the pint glass, I knew where you were somewhere in CA :D

lol how so? I have the same pint glass and most definitely don't live in CA:mug:

Congrats on the first AG man and a great choice of beer to go with it:tank:

Congrats!! When is the next batch happening. Need to keep them rolling out!!!

Latest posts

Back