found this kitty monday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now thats a find, looks like a good sized male mountian lion.... id say between 120-160 pounds likely just moving into late prime... not old yet by any means... perhapes younger then i thought at frist glance in the picture... good musle structure... a beautiful animal. I always wanted one as a pet when i was a kid. It came from my mother watching "Bringing Up Baby" all the time when i was a kid... but that was a Siberian Tiger in that movie. Great find

Cheers

So what's the story? Age? Weight? Why does the cat appear to be dead or asleep?
AP

The storyis my buddy in the picture has dogs and occasionally helps the dow with puma studies. The cats radio telemetry collar was dead so this cat needed to be caught. To make a long story short we chased this cat through 2-4 feet of snow for the best part of a day before treeing him. He jumped tree so we got to catch him twice. I found that much beer drinking has made me out of shape.

I like the big cats. We have an "Animal Rehabilitation" center a couple of miles up the road. They have all kinds of critters. I have mixed feelings about it.

They have a few African Lions I hear roar in the morning and evening. Not many places one can sit on their lawn and listen to the loons and lions both call at the same time.

I know when you are looking one of these cats eye to eye at about 15 feet with no gun you have a whole lotta respect.

Holy crap that kitty's huge!!! I've seen two Mt. Lions. Neither quite that large!! Both in Colorado. One around Red Rocks and one in Aspen. I'll never forget it. A truly spiritual experience.

Latest posts

Back