Finally back under 100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkensatyr

Reaction score
Well, since it is finally back to a cool 97 degrees outside, guess I will be brewing today. :p

Hey, yeah, it is only supposed to be 97 here on Saturday, maybe I will be able to brew too:rockin:

Jeez and I thought it was HOT today at 68f. Actually I think I can remember a time when it did get to 80f here a while back. I can't remember, in all my 50 years, of having experienced any temps over 80f. At least outside, lol.

Do you ever get used to it?

Come to Nebraska boo boo..I'll show you 98F, and 90% relative humidity...which means sweating doesn't do anything to cool you off cuz it won't evaporate.

Its even worse down south.

The humidty is what we get here, lol.
After all I live on an Island that gets the combined contributions of the gulf stream and the labrador current.
It's the tempertures combined with humidity I can't handle.
Right now it is a comfortable 18c and 83% humidity.
After it gets to 23c I feel uncomfortable, lol.

Edit... and by gulf stream I mean the gulf of Mexico.

It was 102F here today (39C) with about 30% humidity. That's not too bad. Later this week the humidity will be going up and 94F will feel like hell. But, I will be making beer in the shade with a glass of homebrew in my hand and a few in my belly so all will be good.

Instead of a prechiller, I use a HUGE catering cooler full of ice water with a 50' coil of copper in it. Use it like a counterflow. Actually had to warm the beer up a bit to pitch today. Made an APA. Luckily it was in the garage, so only had to spend about an hour total time in the heat. rest of it was kickin back in the ac reading posts.

thats crazy all the high summer temperatures you get in the US. Here in Ireland as well as the UK its been nothing but ****ty rain most of the summer. it hasnt been much of a summer tbh with temps where i live rarely reaching over 20oC/68oF

Bibliographic Entry Result
(w/surrounding text) Standardized
Result
"Death Valley." Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia. CD-ROM.Compton's, 1995. "… the scorching heat reached 134 °F." 56.7 °C
"Death Valley." Encarta.CD-ROM. Redmond, WA: Microsoft, 1996. "… the National Weather Service recorded 56.7 °C in 1913." 56.7 °C
"Death Valley." World Book Encyclopedia. Chicago: World Book Corporation, 1999: 62. "134 °F was reported there on July 10, 1913" 56.7 °C
"The Natural World." Guinness Book of World Records. Guinness, 1999: 250. "Temperatures of over 120 °F were recorded in Death Valley, California on 43 consecutive days." > 48 °C

The hottest temperature on Earth ever recorded most likely occurred in Death Valley, California during 43 consecutive days between July 6 and August 17, 1917. During those days, the temperature was over 48 degrees Celsius (120 degrees Fahrenheit). The national weather service recorded 56.7 °C (134 °F). The date reported there was July 10, 1913.

Joe Dragon:off: "Labrador Current in Newfoundland"? I'll have to look that up but does everything have to do with a dawg up there?:)[/quote said:
The Labrador current flows past Nfld to mix with the warm waters of the Gulf Stream aprox. 100 miles off shore on what is called the Grand Banks of Newfoundland.
And Labrador IS a part of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.:)

The colder temps here is one reason I can chill to pitching temps using an IC in around 20 minutes only using municipal water.

Back