How's the crush?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmah84

Reaction score
I just received my 2MM monster mill in the mail today and finished setting it up.

I set the gap to .039 (the feeler gauge moved the rollers with a little resistance, hope thats correct) and did 4 lbs of 2-row to clean off the rollers.

YbGgy.jpg

1JQfH.jpg

I just received my 2MM monster mill in the mail today and finished setting it up.

I set the gap to .039 (the feeler gauge moved the rollers with a little resistance, hope thats correct) and did 4 lbs of 2-row to clean off the rollers.

It's all in what you want. Looks a bit loose in the pix, but hard to tell without a handfull. Mine is set at 0.034 which means nothing. Lauter and efficiency tells the tale. :)

Looks like you still have some grains that made it through whole... I would tighten it up a bit.

Yep +1. When I crush I see lots of flour and maybe half a husk at best. I have a BC @ .035

Yeah, and I should have clarified, that was a handful of the .039 gap crush. I have a domed false bottom in my MLT (the fly guy one.) I should be fine on the batch sparge.

I get a fair bit of flour from the monster mills at my LHBS, I don't think I've ever noticed an uncrushed grain however, so thats good. I sparge easy with a bazooka tube and copper manifold and never have an issue. Great efficiency too!

Back