Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that I am going to be able to make it back down to Bills for a yeast swap, I would love to get some of that 3711 and I'm hoping I can catch it later from somebody as a washed or slave off a starter. In the interim, I will culture up my stock for the next buy or maybe even just a straight yeast swap. I have had inquiries for some 2308 Munich, 3787, and 1056 if anyone can fill those, I would be happy to spin up replacements for a later date.

Thanks

ThirstT said:
If ylpaul is on his game, we should be out there around 12:30. Bill, I know that you've been sitting on some FFF beers for me for a few days on top of the grains and magnum hops. I appreciate your patience.

Where you cats at?

cyclogenesis said:
Hey all. Just back from DC on work travel. A we able to do pickups tommorrow?

Yes, but can you get here at about 10:30 or so?

HOT427COBRA, I am at Bill's right now to pick up my goods. I was picking up a big tub of PBW, and noticed they sent the wrong thing. Bill would like you to check to see if you actually did get the PBW that you ordered. Check it before you open it up!! If it's right, you're good to go. If not, hit Bill up to remedy the situation soon

Thanks, Bill! And thanks to Metic for the pale wheat split and Begin2brew for picking it all up for me!

for those who have not picked up yet, do you have any splits? I know one bag is labeled for opteek, who I have not heard from at all on this thread by the way, and there's one more split left. Let me know who has the other split. Thanks.

Kudos to Brewmeister and his wife for the fantastic peach-habanero mead. Truly awesome! Can't wait to try the blueberry one! Thanks again guys.

We are both savoring that last sip,the balance of flavors is right on...we are going to save the blueberry for another day and clean palate.

Kudos to Brewmeister and his wife for the fantastic peach-habanero mead. Truly awesome! Can't wait to try the blueberry one! Thanks again guys.

And thanks to you once again for your FFF delivery. BTW, do you know how long they tend to have Behemoth in stock? I know there's a fair amount produced, but enough that I could get some in a month or more. You're not responsible for the accuracy of your statement, but I'm fishing for a better understanding of the availability.

ThirstT said:
And thanks to you once again for your FFF delivery. BTW, do you know how long they tend to have Behemoth in stock? I know there's a fair amount produced, but enough that I could get some in a month or more. You're not responsible for the accuracy of your statement, but I'm fishing for a better understanding of the availability.

I'll ask next time I am over there, or I can grab a few bombers and set em aside for you. Hopefully we'll be all meeting or some hop pickups soon.

Thanks Bill for the grain and yeast! hope I dropped off enough yeast for those interested. Should have more varieties next round!

Dan

I'll ask next time I am over there, or I can grab a few bombers and set em aside for you. Hopefully we'll be all meeting or some hop pickups soon.

Cool, let's play this by ear. I'm hoping that we get some exciting hop prices that encourage me to get involved in the buy. Bill says we'll like the prices, so I am enjoying the anticipation that I have in awaiting the price list.

hot427cobra said:
ThirstT,

Just got home. Out late partying.:)

My container says PBW on its side. I think I am OK.

Mark

Ok, good. That's good news for both you and bill. Brew on!!

here is a split list update for my orders.....

split list going out:

Forstmeister - MO - half sack (confirmed)

Brewingmeister - C40 - 1/3 sack (confirmed)
Opteek - C40 - 1/3 sack (confirmed)

Scotty77 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack (confirmed)
Havoc531 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack

split list coming in:

TheOneBuz - Cara Pils - 1/3 sack (also split with Demon).....Buz, this is my confirmation that im still in with you for the 1/3 of Cara Pils!

Frank, who was in the split for Best Malz Caramalt besides TheOneBuz and Demon? Were you the last third of this split?

TheOneBuz and Demon, can you confirm that you each recieved a third of the Best Malz Caramalt?

I just want to give a big thanks to Bill for generously allowing us to get the grains at his shop and to ghoti for developing the nice web ordering system. That's what makes groups like this special, having lots of people with different skills and abilities to make great things happen.

Frank, who was in the split for Best Malz Caramalt besides TheOneBuz and Demon? Were you the last third of this split?

TheOneBuz and Demon, can you confirm that you each recieved a third of the Best Malz Caramalt?

It was Demon, HomebrewFrank and myself. I received my third yesterday and there was 1/3 left.

TheOneBuz said:
It was Demon, HomebrewFrank and myself. I received my third yesterday and there was 1/3 left.

Frank, could this be the missing grain?

bmason1623 said:
Frank, could this be the missing grain?

Yea, the split was me, TheOneBuz and Demon........Yes, it could be the missing grain!!!!! Im gonna double check the grain when i get home tonight and confirm that i did/didnt mislabel my C40 "cara-pils" by mistake.

Bill, i also emailed Opteek to see if he wants me to pick up his grain and maybe meet him somewhere with it, if hes anywhere near me. Does anyone know where Opteek lives?

homebrewfrank said:
Yea, the split was me, TheOneBuz and Demon........Yes, it could be the missing grain!!!!! Im gonna double check the grain when i get home tonight and confirm that i did/didnt mislabel my C40 "cara-pils" by mistake.

And we weren't even drinking when the splits were happening...

wegz15 said:
That could have been the problem....

I think that was the exact problem as well.....we were breaking some kind of rule and the grain Gods have punished us!!!!

homebrewfrank said:
I think that was the exact problem as well.....we were breaking some kind of rule and the grain Gods have punished us!!!!

Let me know when you want to pick up. Maybe we can meet somewhere and save you some time.

Hey pol, you mentioned that you had some experience with a ZD clone? I'm planning on brewing one up once my 2012 citra preorder comes in. I based it off the recipe on HBT but I didn't do the first wort hop and just frontloaded the whole thing. Any pointers?

wagz said:
I just used 30lbs today on a wooley jack clone.

What's your clone recipe, just had that a week ago, not as Bourbon-ee as dragons milk we keep in regular rotation but really good. We pulled a double brew today ourselves, to burn up a lb of homegrown hops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back