Bad Wyeast Pack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugAC

Reaction score
I made a yeast starter yesterday from my all-grain kit (AHS Summer Crisp IPA) that came in thursday. Well, it's been 12 hours and there is nothing going on in the erlinmeyer flask.

My kit shipped from Austin Homebrew Supply. I think the heat may have killed the yeast. The pack didn't swell when smacked.

Any suggestions for an alternative type of yeast? I may have to run to the local brew store and pick up a different type. But their selection isn't the best.

I made a yeast starter yesterday from my all-grain kit (AHS Summer Crisp IPA) that came in thursday. Well, it's been 12 hours and there is nothing going on in the erlinmeyer flask.

My kit shipped from Austin Homebrew Supply. I think the heat may have killed the yeast. The pack didn't swell when smacked.

Any suggestions for an alternative type of yeast? I may have to run to the local brew store and pick up a different type. But their selection isn't the best.

Mine did the same thing from another supplier and even tried a yeast starter and that didn't work after 2 days. I called them yesterday and they are going to ship out another Wyeast pack filled with ice packs.

I think in the summer months I'll pay the extra shipping to have it shipped faster. The alternative is you may eventually get a good yeast pack but it will delay your brew.

- Destin

Back