Another brewery name help thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHP

Reaction score
Ok,

I think I would like to name my brewery, it seems to be a rite of passage for homebrewers.

I am a displaced Oregonian (Portland to be specific) who lives in Texas for about another 24 months because of the army.

SWMBO and I have a poodle who is awesome, and are talking about getting a second one. We are definitely in love with the breed and I was thinking it would be cool to incorporate it into the name. Same concept as the "Lucky Lab" in Portland I guess.

The name SWMBO and I have come up with is: Phantom Poodle

I am open to suggestions, new names, new concepts, etc...

Another idea I've just had, and I think it might be more appropriate to skip the dog and somehow incorporate my Oregon roots with the location of the start of the brewery, Texas.

I'm just thinking out loud...

Exiled Poodle Brewing
Exiled Duck Brewing

There's a number of euphemisms you could have fun with if you went with "beaver"...

I'm having enough trouble coming up with my own name at the moment.. "Brew McQ" is just a placeholder.. lol

Nothing is off the table, including beaver. I hadn't thought of the euphemism aspect...

I had initially thought of Lone star beaver brewing which led me to One Star Beaver brewing.

... but then I thought "who would want a 1 Star Beaver" :)

Nothing is off the table, including beaver. I hadn't thought of the euphemism aspect...

Euphemisms: Wet, Shaved, Bald, Hairy, etc.

Non-euphemisms: Rabid Beaver (I like that one.. lol.. logo can be a crazed cartoonish beaver, holding a beer and foaming at the mouth..), Rabid Duck has a cool ring to it as well... umm...

Here's a list of adjectives. There are infinite possibilities of "[adj] [animal] Brewing/Brewery".

Or maybe I've just had way too much coffee this morning... :rockin:

demonic duck brewing
demon duck brewing

I guess I'm really just brainstorming here.

Platypus Brewing (duck/beaver)
The Sweaty Beaver Brewery
Bad Duck Brewing
Just throwing out ideas

Nice, the sweaty beaver ... that one gave me a chuckle

Afro Dog Brewing goes right in line with what i wanted to call the dog: Jefferson (its a black dog). No offense intended...

Platypus is good, but I really like the ring of demon duck.

Anything NOT dog related. I thought I was being clever with naming the brewery after our 3 pups, (12 Paw Brewery) but then I started noticing that pretty much everyone had something dog related.

But if you insist on a poodle name, go for "Poodles Red Rocket" :rockin:

+1 Lonesome Duck......could be the old school Donald Duck in cowboy outfit....seriously Google "Donald Duck Cowboy"....with green and yellow attire....love the Ducks, had an aunt who lived on Mt. Hood, used to send me Ducks oufits as a kid to south MS....talk about a "duck out of water", you guys also have the hands-down hottest cheerleaders, just wish you could have beat my arch nemesis Auburn....I went to Alabama....ROLL DUCKS ROLL!!!!!!!!
[ame]http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=donald+duck+cowboy&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1360&bih=692[/ame]
V

Lonesome Duck is good, I think it might even be the winner. It sounds good, it looks good, it rolls off the tongue well and its family friendly.

Post army we are talking about moving to Eugene and 'going pro', I wonder how that name would work in Eugene as a pro brewery...

My wife who graduated from Oregon, did NOT like the cheerleaders ... Competition? ;)

Lonesome Duck is good, I think it might even be the winner. It sounds good, it looks good, it rolls off the tongue well and its family friendly.

Post army we are talking about moving to Eugene and 'going pro', I wonder how that name would work in Eugene as a pro brewery...

My wife who graduated from Oregon, did NOT like the cheerleaders ... Competition? ;)

So when you go pro. Since I came up with the name, do I get Free beer.:p

Since I live a few thousand miles away that would end up being almost nothing.

EDIT: Oops ... Mine was lonesome beaver brewing. No free beer for me.

So when you go pro. Since I came up with the name, do I get Free beer.:p

Since I live a few thousand miles away that would end up being almost nothing.

EDIT: Oops ... Mine was lonesome beaver brewing. No free beer for me.

The key words were 'talking about'...

We might go pro, we might not ... we've decided to start a business, but are unsure if it will be a brewery or something else.

Back