Party Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Ale

Reaction score
Has anyone used a party pig? Just wondering, Getting tired of washing all the bottles, I know they have set ups also with the small CO2 cylinders, has anyone tried those. Looking for a simple, fairly cheap and reasonable way to keg.

Scrounge some cornelius kegs (soda kegs). All of mine were free or at most about $5. Buy a CO2 regulator ~$70. Then set up an account with your local gas distributor and rent a tank of CO2 ~$3/month plus gas. You'll need a place to chill kegs, so scrounge a fridge, which can usually be found for free.

It may cost a *bit* more than a pig or whatever, but if you're sick of bottles, go ahead and step up to the real solution...kegs. I did the same thing about 6 months into my brewing career and have been kegging since. Good luck!

Janx

Well Don't I feel stupid! Thought I got a steal getting two on ebay for $60 after shipping :drunk:

I saw them a lot when I went to the Chicago brew club. I am not sure that folks keep beer in them for a long time from what I have seen written here.

Pigs have some advantages over kegs. The main two are portability and you don't need a CO2 source. One of the local microbrewers sells his ales in party pigs (the deposit is the retail cost of a pig) as well as sankes.

I've tried the 5L mini kegs. Can't say anything polite about them.

i've been considering these also, or maybe a keg setup, but i'm not sure i want to spend the money nor do i have the space for a full on kegerator. my question on party pigs is whether thew beer will keep for a while, and whether the co2 levels are appropriate. anyone know?

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a second hand Braumeister in the UK. Does anyone have one at all?

Many thanks,

Nick.

Back