Lhbs bs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasszy

Reaction score
So I was at one of the lesser respected LHBS this AM buying some extra grain (ended up not being able to pay $3.25/lb for 2 row pale) and heard the following from one of the sales people....

"This SABCO system is the exact same that Sam C. from Dog Fish head brewery used to start his business."

Now I read Sam's book and in enough other places to know that is BS. Sam started on a 10 gallon system made up of about 30 sanke kegs for his first system.

I dont know if the sales guy didnt know what he was talking about, or if he was reading from Sabco propaganda literature, but he sure did give me a weird look when I gave him the BS shenanigans look standing next to him and the customer.

Just wanted to vent!

I was under the impression that it was the system he started on. If not then it looks very similar to the one they show off when you take the brewery tour:

http://www.brew-magic.com/bm_samtest.html

Regardless, $3.25 per pound is ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only been doing this for about four months but my impression is that LHBS guys are all opinionated characters with partial information. But the things is, we are all opinionated characters with partial information. Just buy the stuff you need and have a home brew.

John

A 10 gallon system made from 30 sakes? Hey man, if that's what it takes to make that 90 min then I say freaking right on!

However, a 10 gallon from 3 sankes... isnt that what the sabco is?

Back