Fergal Murray : Six Steps to the Perfect Pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishkid

Reaction score
http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/beverages/187

"1. Always us a clean, dry 20 oz Imperial pint glass

2. Hold glass at 45 degree angle and never allow the spout to touch beer or glass

3. Pull faucet
down and allow beer to fill glass

4. Allow the nitrogen bubbles surge, creating the beautiful creamy head

5. Once the beer has settled (distinct gap between dark liquid and head), the glass is topped up slowly to create a domed effect on the head

6. Give this creation of the perfect pint to an adoring customer "

:mug:

Curt

When I was at a concert near Detroit (Small venue) I ordered a Guinness and the girl opened the bottle, and shoved it, upside down, into the glass and slowly pulled it back out as the glass filled. I was positive I was going to witness a clean up on isle 5, but the beer and foam came to a perfect stop right at the rim of the glass. Beautiful.

When I was at a concert near Detroit (Small venue) I ordered a Guinness and the girl opened the bottle, and shoved it, upside down, into the glass and slowly pulled it back out as the glass filled. I was positive I was going to witness a clean up on isle 5, but the beer and foam came to a perfect stop right at the rim of the glass. Beautiful.

I use to do that when I tended bar. What I did was put the glass upside down on top of the beer and then flipped both over and slowly pulled the bottle out. It always impressed, except for the one time when I lost my grip on the bottle as I was flipping and the glass broke, leaving the bottle to pour directly onto the table. That was quite embarrassing.

In Ireland, you can change a car tire while they are pouring your "pint guiness". They're quite particular about letting it settle.

And this is why you need a 20 oz pint.

With most american mega beers, you have to pour a little slowly so the fizz doesn't pop all over you but there is no head to get in the way of the pour.

Latest posts

Back