Hi. My name is Dave and I'm an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Well, I'm kegging my English ale today and just got done filling the keg. Took it over to hit with CO2 to purge the headspace when--BOOM a gyser!!!:eek:

When I had the posts soaking in sanatizer the poppet in the out side must have fallen out and I didn't notice it when I put it back together. Must have lost almost a gallon of beer, not to mention the fact that I was standing right over the keg when it happened. I was drenched with beer. SWMBO was laughing her ass off when I came upstairs from the basement.

Please feel free to comment as you all see fit.

Reminds me of working concert concessions years ago. We used pin connectors & sometimes you got it down far enough to engage the poppet, but not the pins.

My lastest was changing the oil & filter on my Shadow, but not checking the old gasket. Well, two gaskets doesn't make for a good seal. Nice clean, expensive synthetic oil all over.

2nd Street Brewery said:
Well, I'm kegging my English ale today and just got done filling the keg. Took it over to hit with CO2 to purge the headspace when--BOOM a gyser!!!:eek:

When I had the posts soaking in sanatizer the poppet in the out side must have fallen out and I didn't notice it when I put it back together. Must have lost almost a gallon of beer, not to mention the fact that I was standing right over the keg when it happened. I was drenched with beer. SWMBO was laughing her ass off when I came upstairs from the basement.

Please feel free to comment as you all see fit.

Live and learn. Mostly from that I'd learn that SWMBO doesn't get any of what's left of your beer.:p

that sucks! I gotta admit though.... if I had seen it I woulda laughed my ass off too. :D One time I forgot to put the o-ring on the keg post and it leaked when I put the gas on. You could hear the shhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound. I was trying to figure out where it was coming from for like 15 minutes. Then I found the post had no o-ring DUH!! man I felt dumb.

ablrbrau said:
Live and learn. Mostly from that I'd learn that SWMBO doesn't get any of what's left of your beer.:p

She doesn't drink so it's a moot point. At least I have a good name for this batch. Old Facefull.:D

:) :) :) :) ttiwwop.gif

2nd Street Brewery said:
She doesn't drink so it's a moot point. At least I have a good name for this batch. Old Facefull.:D

That's awesome. Hell, I think it was worth losing a gallon of booze just to have that name. Of course, it's not my booze...

Hmm, sounds like an upside-down beer bong. Think I would have gotten my face right down and drank as much as possible!

We have a winner for Alcohol Abuser of the Week.

Back