So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing my 100% Wheat Lager right now. If it turns out as good as last time, it's going into the Longshot competition

Good luck! I hope to brew tomorrow as well, I've got everything on hand for a Bock.

Hope the rain isn't a problem. I'm under my open garage door right now. :D

No brewing for me this weekend. I bottled a Hazelmocha Cream Stout last Saturday, and brewed up a Sweet Irish Red last Sunday.

That said, I might run a few bittering experiments with some water, hops, and dandelions this weekend.

Good luck! I hope to brew tomorrow as well, I've got everything on hand for a Bock.

Hope the rain isn't a problem. I'm under my open garage door right now. :D

Fraggin' rain! I got soaked cleaning my gear this afternoon. Thankfully, my garage has a back door so there is no issue with the propane.

We're going tomorrow. It's coming down right now so we should have a couple of inches to tread around in. Ru Paul Common is on the way.

Just put an IPA into the fermenter. Organic pils, munich, and carafa II w/ summit and amarillo hops and scottish ale yeast.

Brewing my 100% Wheat Lager right now. If it turns out as good as last time, it's going into the Longshot competition

I didn't know you could convert 100% wheat. Do you have to do something special?

Depends on weather......... I will either brew this weekend or next. I got a clone kit for Sweetwater 420 ready to go. Only issues is I got a Irish stout in the primary....

So questions is when to go to secondary?

SWMBO had a girls night out and the weather was crappy so I stopped by the LHBS on the way home from work for grain and brewed a Two Hearted Ale using a new stock of Amarillo rather than Centennial. This was my first use of Nottingham washed from a previous batch. At t +12 hr fermentation is ramping up to the vigorous stage. OG was 1.067. Beersmith indicates that if FG drops to 1.014-1.012 it will be at 7.14%. IBU came out to around 50.

Its raining like crazy here, but that's not stopping me! Cherry stout for St. Paddy's day! Its my first attempt with a fruit beer. Should be good.

Got the AHS American IPA to brew today. Hope it goes well. I have been on a brewing slump nothing has really come out great just decent to ok.

got my 2-row and amarillo to brew this afternoon. gonna use t-58 and see how that stuff taste. gonna try and keep it around 66-68F during fermentation.

Half batch of EdWort's Haus Ale, extract. AHA club only extract comp coming up. Been moving more toward all-grain, but it's an extract comp; another guy and I are pretty much our club extract people. Thought it was a good excuse to try this recipe even though I"ve been wanting to do it all grain. Will be brewing tomorrow.

Brewing a breakfast beer (oatmeal stout) at the moment. Thinking about adding some coffee at bottling time to make it a true breakfast beer! Cheers!

Took advantage of the snowstorm that dumped 24" overnight and spent this afternoon brewing my first partial grain. Jamil's chocolate hazelnut porter.
Also my first time using liquid yeast. Wow, a starter on a stirplate sure gets going!
Shoveled snow into water in a big plastic tub and sat the brewpot in there. i got 5.5 down to 70 in just under an hour. I gotta make a chiller by spring.
Already seeing bloop-bloop in the airlock, so I guess I did ok.

I'll be doing my first AG/BIAB today. Finished the last of the gear last night along with my new 70qt Igloo kegerator. Off to get some RO water & food in a few.

New Holland Brewing's Mad Hatter clone, 3 gallon batch.

Brewed Jamil's Black Widow Porter this past Thursday to test out my new grain crusher that my brother-in-law made for me. Got 84% eff and ended up with an OG of 1.080 instead of the 1.064ish that the recipe stated :drunk:!

Brewed a beefed up version of Ed Wort's haus pale ale as an all cascade IPA yesterday. First time making a starter and it is bubbling away this morning and smells great :mug:.

about to put in the grains for another black lager. plan to brew an irish red in a week or two. go colts! :mug:

Fantastic day of brewing: beautiful Kölsch recipe of my own design, highest efficiency yet (80%!), flawless brew day, great taste and clarity in the wort, new niece born mid-boil (Hi Margaret Jane!) and a New Orleans Saints win.

Celebrating with a Rasputin RIS and prawn & chorizo risotto. Happy Sunday!

I brewed a Munich Helles on Friday night and an arrogant bastard clone yesterday. I was going to do a California Common today and got as far as cleaning up but instead decided to wait until tomorrow to let my starter fatten up a bit.

Back