How about Liberty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rico567

Reaction score
I have some ale I'd brewed in the secondary. I had a half-ounce each of Chinook and Warrior, so I bittered with them. I had an ounce of Mt Hood leaf hops from a plant I started growing last year, so I threw them in at the end of the boil for aroma (not sure if they contributed any....). I was going to dry hop with the Cascades I'd saved from that crop, but they just smelled like moldy wet leaves, so I picked up an ounce of Liberty hops at what passes for the LHBS hereabouts, and threw them into the secondary. The AA seems pretty low, and they smelled nice. Anybody know anything about Liberty?

I have some ale I'd brewed in the secondary. I had a half-ounce each of Chinook and Warrior, so I bittered with them. I had an ounce of Mt Hood leaf hops from a plant I started growing last year, so I threw them in at the end of the boil for aroma (not sure if they contributed any....). I was going to dry hop with the Cascades I'd saved from that crop, but they just smelled like moldy wet leaves, so I picked up an ounce of Liberty hops at what passes for the LHBS hereabouts, and threw them into the secondary. The AA seems pretty low, and they smelled nice. Anybody know anything about Liberty?

Liberty is a substitute for Hallertaur and Mt.Hood great flavor and Aroma.

Back