I may have stolen a pump!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you only be pumping water? With all that sugar the wort will probably boil at a much higher temp... No idea what though...

I thought at first they had the same motor housing but after looking at them I don't think so. You could call and talk to someone at march pumps to make sure or see if they've got a high temp head you can order.

I thought at first they had the same motor housing but after looking at them I don't think so. You could call and talk to someone at march pumps to make sure or see if they've got a high temp head you can order.

You're absolutely correct, im screwed. I called march pumps, and the head is not compatible, they have a 200f head, but tech support said boiling wort would kill that head as well. That sucks. I couldn't have used it for my cfc anyway's, he said you need a 1/2 line feeding it or the pump would be starved, my cfc is only 3/8.:(

You're absolutely correct, im screwed. I called march pumps, and the head is not compatible, they have a 200f head, but tech support said boiling wort would kill that head as well. That sucks. I couldn't have used it for my cfc anyway's, he said you need a 1/2 line feeding it or the pump would be starved, my cfc is only 3/8.:(

If you put it after your CFC, it will be well within the temp specs. Could you throttle on the output end to match the input? If you use the pump to push through the CFC, then your 3/8 will be irrelevant as long as you run 1/2" from the pot.
This kettle is made out of polypropylene and is designed for boiling water in. Maybe you will be alright.

According to WIKI- Polypropylene has a typical peak melting point of ~160°C (320°F), as determined by Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC). Many plastic items for medical or laboratory use can be made from polypropylene because it can withstand the heat in an autoclave. Food containers made from it will not melt in the dishwasher, and do not melt during industrial hot filling processes.

Not the thread jack but if anyone is looking for a head like this I have one from a pump that had a bad motor. If you are interested PM me and we can talk about it. At this point it is taking up room and I am about to throw it out.

Sorry for the Thread Jack ..

Mike

threadjacked.gif

No problem, but it would probably get more attention in the classifieds.

According to WIKI- Polypropylene has a typical peak melting point of ~160°C (320°F), as determined by Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC). Many plastic items for medical or laboratory use can be made from polypropylene because it can withstand the heat in an autoclave. Food containers made from it will not melt in the dishwasher, and do not melt during industrial hot filling processes.

So you are saying that it won't melt? And we are talking about a magneticaly coupled, food grade, high temp pump, right?

Latest posts

Back