Appleton area brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistechbumb

Reaction score
Hey all new to the forums, been brewing for a few years now. Any clubs in Appleton needing a noob? Thanks!

I'm not local so I don't know pf any. However Ritebrew is in Appleton and if you call or email Neil at Ritebrew.com, I'm sure he would be able to tell you of any clubs in the area.

He is a super nice guy and he knows what's going on in the area.

I checked out his web site, going to have to give him a shot at those prices. It's going to be a good summer of brewing, that's for sure. Thanks for the tips!

I will second Ritebrew. I was never impressed with The Homebrew Market in Appleton and House of Homebrew in GB is nice, but pricey. Neil is really good and seems interested in what you have going on. I like the fact he offers free pick-up. His crush is good on the grains, great prices, and even additional discounts if ordering more than 10# of certain grains. Definitely worth checking out. I go nowhere else. As far as clubs go, I think it's ALE (Appleton Libation Enthusiasts) in Appleton and the Green Bay Rackers up in GB. Happy brewing! Boy I sound like an ad for Ritebrew....

Just picked up 2 kits from Neil today. One just hit the primary. Great guy, great local pick up, great prices. Even got the boy some Zatarans Root Beer extract. If this Spotted Cow clone turns out half as awesome as it smells and tastes right now.......

Hey, man!

I'm the VP of the ALE Club (Appleton Libation Enthusiasts). I just saw this sub, I know I'm bumping a slightly older thread, but shoot an email to [email protected]. Brandon is our president and will get you involved. We have a lot of fun.

And yes, ritebrew is fantastic. Neil is great to work with. And homebrew market isn't bad, too. A lot of the club members work there, so it's nice to be able to talk brewing with somebody.

I've also ordered from Ritebrew a couple times...I live in De Pere but work in Kaukauna so I can't always get to the House of Homebrew before closing time. The pickup at Ritebrew worked pretty well, and I was also happy with what I bought (couple smack packs the first time and a pile of keg parts the next time).

In general I've been happy with House of Homebrew. Depending who is working they will be helpful but more or less friendly. I wish they stocked the smack packs, though. They don't always turn their yeast over fast enough and I've gotten burned a few times with dud yeast. One would think that making a starter on Tuesday for a Saturday brew day would be soon enough...thank goodness for the emergency pack of S-05!

I might be a bit late to the party, but just moved to Neenah in Spetember, so good to have this info.. No clue Rte brew was there, but that's pretty awesome. I'll have to get in contact with ALE when I get back stateside.

I second Ritebrew. Great site, good prices and local pickup for same/ next day orders is great!

Back