BierMunchers Rolling Kegerator (BYO Published)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great!! Maybe when you put the bag liner in, you could tuck it between the insulation and the inside of the trash can - that way it wouldn't have to come out and spoil the beauty that is the Gar-BEER-ge can! :D

Very nice... I did not expect you to put the taps throught the bag like that. I'd have thought that you would like the option of being able to pull out the bags to replace them if they get damaged. How do you plan on cleaning up the overhang? Tape?

May even build one of these instead of a bar as I'm in a rental...

Looks great!! Maybe when you put the bag liner in, you could tuck it between the insulation and the inside of the trash can - that way it wouldn't have to come out and spoil the beauty that is the Gar-BEER-ge can! :D

I agree, would be nice if the garbage bag was tucked inside. Nice work.

I'm still toying with the idea of making some sort of face plate out of stained wood to mount the shanks on.

Once everything is functional, then I'll work on fine tuning the aesthetics.

Whoa are you sure you're okay...not running a fever or anything? Aesthetics? You? :D

Actually a stained wood faceplate of some wort would be awesome, and really class it up.

:rockin:

I'm still toying with the idea of making some sort of face plate out of stained wood to mount the shanks on.

Once everything is functional, then I'll work on fine tuning the aesthetics.

Just let me know when and where I need to be to help test the functionality. ;D

Whoa are you sure you're okay...not running a fever or anything? Aesthetics? You? :D

Actually a stained wood faceplate of some wort would be awesome, and really class it up.

:rockin:

SWMBO is out of town remember, he's all discombobulated :ban:

The fact that the CO2 is available at Lowes is very appealing.

I am also very intrigued by this. How many 5 gallon kegs will one of those 16oz tanks push? If my math is correct, I calculate 18 (at 10psi at 45F). That is not bad.

Trust me…I’d like to find out too. :D

Here’s my worst case guess.

Midwest claims it takes 2 - 5, 16 gram chargers to dispense a charged keg. I’ll use the worst case of 5.

5 chargers at 16 grams each is 80 Grams to dispense one keg. It takes 28 (ish) grams to make an ounce. So each keg will take 2.86 ounces. Each 16 Ounce canister should dispense 5.5 kegs.

I’ll have on 16 ounce canister, and two 6 ounce canisters so I should be fine…unless there’s a leak. :eek:

If you haven't insulated it, you may want to consider using expanding foam. It would work well, fit properly, and you should be able to pull the garbage bag out and have it stay where it needs to. If you need to modify it at all, it's as easy as a serrated kitchen knife and a shop vac.

I decided to go with the 1", but higher quality insulation. I have two layers on the bottom and two layers for a lid.

I also decide that rather than dealing with 6,000,000,000 tiny Styrofoam pellets forever, that I would wrap the edges in duct tape. The 15 minutes was well worth it.

Rolling_Kegger991.jpg

Rolling_Kegger992.jpg

Rolling_Kegger993.jpg

A pretty snug fit...but it will certainly keep the kegs from jostling around.
Rolling_Kegger994.jpg

That is awesome!

I hope you're submitting this to BYO or Zymurgy? Nicely done!

It's absolutely awesome. It looks really nice, but at its heart lies a freakin' trash can. It's so perfect, it's just perfectly symbolic of BM. Nice job!

Outstanding!!! Any problems with the plastic can backing up the taps or the drip tray bending?

Outstanding!!! Any problems with the plastic can backing up the taps or the drip tray bending?

No problems with keeping it rigid (that's what she said) using the wood facia boards. Both the tap board and the drip tray are solid as a rock.

Looks good! Did you decide to forgo any plastic liner?
No..I'll still use two construction grade bags to line inside the insulation. I want to keep the foam board from resting in water. Once the party is over...or when I need to drain some melted ice...I'll punch a hole in the plastic bag and open the drain.

Dude, when you roll that to the other end of the basement for the party, it's going to rock.
attachment.php

:DNice work!

Dude, when you roll that to the other end of the basement for the party, it's going to rock.

It's actually going out in the back yard under a huge shade tree. I'll set it up and ice her down 24 hours prior and toss a white sheet over to reduce sun exposure. I won't hook up the gas and beer lines until I arrive.

There will be pics. :cross:

Awesome work, that thing looks really cool. Very creative too. As soon as I find an excuse to steal the idea, I totally will. :mug:

VERY NICE work, man! Major A+ props to you! Thanks for continuing to be an example and an inspiration to all of us!

You know, I'm wondering if a new neighbor moved in, and there is some part of BM trying to impress him or something :D :D :) :)

Latest posts

Back