Moonlight Meadery LLC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguinetti

Reaction score
So I first read about these guys in an article. They are based out of Londonderry, NH. I drove down to their meadery to join in on a mead tasting, and my. God.

They have some tasty mead (not to mention a rather wide variety). They have several metheglins, a bunch of melomels, a few straight traditionals, and even few capsicumels, ranging from dry to sweet.

They all were excellent. I've got nothing bad to say about them, and I'm too new to the mead world to professionally describe them. But they were definitely unique. Each had it's own complexity, and not one flavor tasted the same as another.

Aside from the mead itself, the owner, Michael, and Joe were both very friendly and helpful, and they even gave me a gift certificate because the supermarket I originally went to for a mead tasting screwed up their tasting times. When I called the meadery up to confirm the time, they told me I had the time right, but the tasting marketing co. made a mistake, so if I drove to their meadery they'd make it worth my while.

And they did.:rockin:

That's great to know, Peng. I've been meaning to visit and will some time soon. So far, I've only made plain dry meads and some "Joe's Ancient Orange". I'm ready to venture out and make some new things. The trouble is, you have to wait a long time before you know if it's any good.

Mead selections are close to nil in the local liquor stores, so it's difficult to get a taste of the different styles before embarking on a long project.

It's good to know that Moonlight has a large variety. Thank you for the report.

These guys come to the farmers market that I work @ every Sat in the summer. I don't usually care for mead, but they make some tasty stuff.

I ended up going home with a bottle of their Fury and a bottle of their Wicked.

The Fury is a capsicumel made with 3 different chiles, and the Wicked is a metheglin made with ginger and madagascar / bourbon vanilla.

...mmm...

Back