NB Patersbier...fantastic!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topend

Reaction score
I just cracked open the first bottle of the last extract beer I made before going AG: Northern Brewer's Patersbier. It's been bottled for only two weeks, so it's still a bit green, but this is hands down the best beer I have ever made.

If you like Belgian beers at all, you need to try this recipe. I have 50 more bottles in the cellar and it's going to be all I can do to give away a single bottle (I usually give away about half of each batch to good friends).

This made my Saturday, and has proven to me that truly great beer can be made from extract. Next time I will try this recipe with AG ingredients and see if it can get any better!

Awesome news. I'm 1.5 weeks in on my primary of my Patersbier kit. Can't wait till I can enjoy it. I'm going straight from my primary to my Keg to secondary in there for a couple weeks.

Racking mine to secondary tonight!! Been on primary for 13 days. I can't wait to be sipping this July 4th.

This was one of my first beers. I watered it down too much so I was turned off by it. Surprisingly a month ago I was craving it. The fact that I remember the taste is enough to brew it again. It will be in my next order from NB.

This was one of my first beers. I watered it down too much so I was turned off by it. Surprisingly a month ago I was craving it. The fact that I remember the taste is enough to brew it again. It will be in my next order from NB.

How much did you water it down?

It was an extract kit and when adding back water it ended up at 5 1/2 gallons, perhaps a bit more. Basically it was thin and lacking depth. That being said, I could definitely see it's potential. It's one I want to do again.

Oh ok cool. I brewed mine the other day and threw it in the primary at about 5.25gal. Hopefully, it is not watered down. I used whirlfloc too and will probably end up with 5gal at bottling time

Oh ok cool. I brewed mine the other day and threw it in the primary at about 5.25gal. Hopefully, it is not watered down. I used whirlfloc too and will probably end up with 5gal at bottling time

It won't be watered down. All of my extracts are 5.25. I just overdid it that time and that's why I want to brew it again.

I have to agree. It's an incredibly tasty, easy brewing, quick turn around kinda beer. Drank a fair amount off it last night and I'm already thinking about brewing it again. Yum!

Did you guys notice a weird change in smell during fermentation? Mine smelled great on days 1-3 and then it smelled like sulphur when fermentation blasted off

MTB said:
Did you guys notice a weird change in smell during fermentation? Mine smelled great on days 1-3 and then it smelled like sulphur when fermentation blasted off

I noticed that as well. However, it still tastes great!

Tapped into the Patersbier last night. I couldn't wait for the 2 weeks to secondary in the keg. Coincidentally my head now hurts. Fan friggin tastic!! Love this stuff. Brewed this and the American Wheat which are by far my lowest ABV beers so far and am extremely happy. Ordereing up another Patersbier kit this week. Thanks NBrewer! :)

I believe that one is a belgian/trappist yeast. Those yeasts in particular give off alot of sulfur during fermentation. WLP400 stunk my basement up so bad I had to stay out of there for a couple of days until it subsided.

Thread is a little old but Im about to order this off of brewmasterswarehouse and they dont have Tradition hops. Figured since tradition is a hallertau variety I would use hallertau. Is that ok?

Back