SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 3 Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jhenderson27, i sent you money via bank transfer, i ment to do bank card, but.. stupid me... and i didnt change it or realize it until after i pushed teh button, but the money is on its way.

it says it has already transfered, let me know when you get the money.

btw whom ever is going to pick the kegs up, could you as well pick mine up?

hops

Just an FYI - this might be a source for group hop buy, or even individual hop buy. Local hops in Pompey, NY:

http://www.pmihops.com/ourhops.php

Cidah, I'm gonna piggyback on your hop plug. (thumbs up btw, looks like a pretty nice operation for the SYR brewing community).

I know from our previous group buys there has been some interest in hop deals. Some of my hop growing friends from the Rochester area have 2010 homegrown hops for sale, and I said I'd forward the posting on their behalf.

Whole Leaf
Variety...................QTY
Cascade..................50 oz.
Liberty.................. 8 oz.
Nugget...................35 oz.
Perle....................25 oz.
Willamette...............25 oz.

Prices are ~$1 to $1.50 per oz, depending on quantity.

*Hops stored in Ziploc freezer bags after drying in a no light chest freezer. Also, they are organic, despite the fact that they aren't technically certified. Only manure is used for fertilizer.

*Please note as I am not the contact for buying. Feel free to email [email protected] if you're looking to make a deal, offer, ship details, payment, etc.

Cidah i am getting the impression you are opening a homebrew shop and just using us to help get your initial stock at a low price.

Not that i mind :)

Cidah i am getting the impression you are opening a homebrew shop and just using us to help get your initial stock at a low price.

Not that i mind :)

Haha - I would love to open a brewery (or brewpub because I used to professionally cook), but everybody and their brother wants that.

No LHBS in my future - but good deals leveraging cost and saving everybody money.... heck yes! In home brewing, since the market isn't as well established, there is an opportunity to realy get things cheaply (at least for now). You will notice how prices keep rising on everything. Kegs used to cost $20 a pop; look at them now. It wouldn't surprise me if the bulk buys disapear in years to come. It will suck, but if they do...

BTW: I emailed the Pompey hop guy and plan on going over to check out the farm (few miles from my house) - really looking forward to it. I am going to ask him about pricing etc. He also sells rhizomes, and is digging some up now. I might be persuaded to pick up a few more this year.

I personally am good on hops for a bit longer, probably at least mid summer - but I will let people know the general pricing if he has hops available. I believe he sells a lot to the local breweries.

Sorry about not getting back to everyone last nite. Busy busy, i have received payment from everyone but brehuh on the cornies. I will plan on meeting with Dan Saturday or my girlfriend will be meeting with him to pass the kegs off.

If I can work something out with the people in the Albany area you can put me down for
2 sacks cm-spil
2 sacks cm-pale

If I can work something out with the people in the Albany area you can put me down for
2 sacks cm-spil
2 sacks cm-pale

I am happy to put you down for the grain - but perhaps you should get in touch with the Albany people first. I am sure they can help you out, but it sounds like your request is more like an "if" "then" statement than an direct request. I know right now Farmerjoe hasn't ordered anything yet, not sure he plans on it at this point. I can't recall who the other Albany people are.

Hopefully the Albany guys chime in :)

HALFWAY MARK

FYI - if JayMckeever adds his stuff into the order we will have officially reached the halfway mark!

I am anticipating that the Rochester guys are gonna chime in here any day now - wheadman?

Awesome, time for some specialty malts for me:

I'll take one bd-pils and offer the following splits:

1/2 bd-vien (Baird Vienna)
1/4 cm-ryem (Canadian Malting's Rye Malt)
and 1/4 tf-pcho (Thomas-Fawcetts Pale Chocolate)

Also, i will complete that c120 split. So at the least, two more bags!

I'm a Rochester guess and am looking at 2 bags cm-2 row and maybe 1/2 a c60. Depends on if we can get a few people together to make a Syr run worth while.

Smashing
WPStrassburg

There is supposed to be a big portion of people from Rochester on this order - i.e. I am going to put you down, but put out your feelers as you have (do actively make your pick up plans with other people from rochester). I believe wheadman has a full sized pickup and planned on making a run for people.

FYI we are at 29 bags so far - we have splits that, if completed would make our order 36 bags, and we haven[t yet received the rochester people's part of the order (they better hurry up or the may miss out).

13 bags to go - Jump on splits now if you want them - this order could close once Roch. weighs in.

This order is going better than I anticipated - good stuff all around!

I should note that IF you aren't 100% committed in your order:
1. Please let me know for certain by the end of the week or closing of the order (whichever comes first).
2. If you haven't let me know for certain, and your name is in red on page 1, post #2 (currently JayMckeever and Smashing), and someone orders with full intent - you may be bumped out of the order.

i.e. wrap up your insecurities asap and commit one way or the other as soon as possible.

Thanks all,

I'd be coming from about 30 min east of Albany just over the mass line. I wish I could because the kind of local hbs charges 50 for 2 row and 60 for pils!

I'd be coming from about 30 min east of Albany just over the mass line. I wish I could because the kind of local hbs charges 50 for 2 row and 60 for pils!

Did you reach out to gergelat/ PM him?

Actually your LHBS has pretty good prices compared to here (~65+ 2 row and MO was like 80 I think). I hear you though - stick in there and see if some Albany people might be able to pick up for you and arrange a swap.

Let me know if you change your mind.

I tried to pm him, but the mailbox was full. I also sent one to brewhuh.... the lhbs here is still just over an hour away... not that local. but hopefully this will work out!

I tried to pm him, but the mailbox was full. I also sent one to brewhuh.... the lhbs here is still just over an hour away... not that local. but hopefully this will work out!

Oh in that case I think you will be good. These guys are both from in and around Albany - I assume they are going to pool in and share the trip cost together. That would mean everything split across you three - pretty much wipes out the cost of transport as compared to LHBS run. I will try to help grab their attention:

These guys only have a few posts so I think they aren't as "hooked" on HBT as we are, checking status every five seconds - ha

ALBANY SHARED TRANSPORT NEEDED
gerglegat
brehuh

Get back to Jay when you can! :)

Smashing
WPStrassburg

There is supposed to be a big portion of people from Rochester on this order - i.e. I am going to put you down, but put out your feelers as you have (do actively make your pick up plans with other people from rochester). I believe wheadman has a full sized pickup and planned on making a run for people.

Yes, when the order is complete and we are ready to make the run, I will plan on picking up for all ROC buyers.

wheadman66 - this is a huge help to the Roch guys - thanks for making the offer/effort.

Sorry i didn't get a PM from the Mass guy. Maybe a name mix up. I would be down for sharing the expensive of driving. I'm in for anything making it cheaper for everyone! I could fit a ton in my SUV, but it only gets 15 mpg on highway. It's awful. If someone has a more efficient ride then I would throw money in for gas and tolls!

Regarding the Keg:
My paypal money is clearing I think tomorrow so I will send that asap. If someone could pick my keg up too I would appreciate it.

Haha thanks for the help cidah! It also doesn't help that my phone goes off for each email update on the site!

I will take the drive out...my car gets about 35 per gallon. I can pick up your keg as well.
your mailbox was full...couldn't get the PM through. Let me know if that works..how many sacks were you planning on?

Sorry i didn't get a PM from the Mass guy. Maybe a name mix up. I would be down for sharing the expensive of driving. I'm in for anything making it cheaper for everyone! I could fit a ton in my SUV, but it only gets 15 mpg on highway. It's awful. If someone has a more efficient ride then I would throw money in for gas and tolls!

Regarding the Keg:
My paypal money is clearing I think tomorrow so I will send that asap. If someone could pick my keg up too I would appreciate it.

My assumtions:

1. Brehuh - you want your keg picked up and dropped off with me; you would pick it up when the grain order clears?
2. jay - are you back on for your 2x cm-2row and 2x cm-pils?

confirm each when possible.

Thanks gents

Haha thanks for the help cidah! It also doesn't help that my phone goes off for each email update on the site!

I will take the drive out...my car gets about 35 per gallon. I can pick up your keg as well.
your mailbox was full...couldn't get the PM through. Let me know if that works..how many sacks were you planning on?

ha - I am here to help :D

Cidah ik rust taljed about the pilsner earlier and decided against. If i go 1/2 pilsner you want the other half. If not put me down for half in a split and if need be to close ill buy a whole bag. Preferably a half though.

CM-SPIL-1/2

Cidah ik rust taljed about the pilsner earlier and decided against. If i go 1/2 pilsner you want the other half. If not put me down for half in a split and if need be to close ill buy a whole bag. Preferably a half though.

Wheadman66 - got you down

Jhenderson - I will put you down for a 1/2 bag split and if nobody is interested maybe we can work something out. Right now I am signed up for a full bag.

cidah, screw it im going to pull the trigger and ill go 1/2 bag of the pilz with jhend.

plus are there any other bags of stuff that are open, that i may want to go 1/4 on?

cidah, screw it im going to pull the trigger and ill go 1/2 bag of the pilz with jhend.

plus are there any other bags of stuff that are open, that i may want to go 1/4 on?

That's the spirit!! ha

1/4's are
C20, Rye, Vienna, and Pale Chocolate Malt

1/3's are:
white wheat
carapils

i might go in on the carapils, and the vienna, but.. what vienna is it? i have to look at the prices so that im not going overboard on my bank account.

i might go in on the carapils, and the vienna, but.. what vienna is it? i have to look at the prices so that im not going overboard on my bank account.

BD-Vienna - not sure on the price off hand, but I think it is in that 12-15 range for a 1/4 buy in

correction - the vienna with shipping is like $9.20 for 1/4 buy in (carapils is $15.38 for a 1/3 buy in)

for some reason carapils has started showing up in more recipes I have been considering... so I figured what the heck

ill jump on the carapils, i dont need the vienna, i dont use all to much of that....

for the same reason im with you, i have been using a ton of it.. for some reason.

Back