Just did a Brewhouse Red Ale kit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjunky

Reaction score
Just did a brewhouse Red Ale kit used Safale 04 for the yeast.

My wort from the kit was in my Van and it was cold out here in Canada over night so I Boiled 4 litres of water then added an additional 4 litres of water and the Wort.

It still seems rather abit cool but I pitched the yeast anyways and put on my brew belt.

The kits come with Coopers ale yeast that ferments vigorously. I used it before in the kits but decided to switch things up abit. I used 2 packs of yeast.

Ussually I brew All-Grain but its still cooler here in Winnipeg and Im waiting on a few things for my brew rig. (High heat hose and some QD fittings.)

I was using braided beverage tubing last year and it just doesn't hold up.

Anyways I find that brew house kits make the equivalent of All grain with the ease of use of a wine kit.

I've made over 50 all grains in my time and this kit puts comparable beers up.

I actually know a guy that does these kits and puts them in competiions and wins. No Joke!

Anyways I'll keep it posted on how this one turns out.

Those are quality kits (expensive in the US though). I like that they are easily hack-able. Switch yeast, add hops, etc.

Bubbling like crazy right now. Can't wait to test it out. I think im going to dry hop in the secondary with Cascade

Back